Missmatching clouds/fog and lightning with 3 beamers

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
fandr91

Missmatching clouds/fog and lightning with 3 beamers

Post by fandr91 »

Hi

We have a B777 simulator which is used with a 220° screen and three beamers. We did change some time ago from P3D V2.5 to 4.2 and now there is a problem which didn't appear with the old configuration.

Since we have the new version we have a problem with the matching of clouds/fog and ligthning. The overlaps are perfect in normal conditions and when I'm not to close to clouds or not in fog.

But when I enter fog or clouds it happens, that there is a sharp edge visible at the end of one beamer projection surface, because the fog/the clouds are not rendered the same on the different beamers (it's no warping or overlap alignment problem).

I realized as well that ligthning is showed sometimes only on 1 or 2 beamers which looks really odd, beacause then at the end of the beamer projections surface which showes the lightning there is a sharp edge as well.

I'm not sure if it's a P3D v4 problem or not, but i now other people which are having similar problems (smoke aut of the motor which is only showed on two of three screens)

I would really appreciate a solution for this problem because it disturbs the illusion of flying quite a bit.

Maybe it is related to this issue?
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=130310

Visual system:
220° Screen with warping and 3 cameras, no view groups.
micschneider

Re: Missmatching clouds/fog and lightning with 3 beamers

Post by micschneider »

hi all,
clozds and also the push truck are missmatching for me (sometimes) as well.
Br Mic