CTD when using PMDG aircraft at add on scenery airports

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
nyc2pdx

CTD when using PMDG aircraft at add on scenery airports

Post by nyc2pdx »

I went around and around with PMDG on this issue and they have told me it isn't a PMDG issue. I have now clean installed P3D 4.2 (I would clean install Win 10, but I don't have any activations left after I requested more 3 days ago). I installed only the PMDG 747, and also NYC scenery for KJFK, KEWR and KLGA. I have previously tried other add on scenery with similar effect-KBOS for example. Default airports are fine, as are default planes. It only happens with PMDG and only at add on airports. Why PMDG doesn't think this is a PMDG issue baffles me.

The problem is that I get a CTD within 5-10 seconds after the panel appears. PMDG thought it was a simconnect issue, but now that I have it down to bare bones, there isn't anything to interfere with it. Also, all the payload and fuel is messed up in the PMDG FMC..ZFW doubles.

I have deleted scenery.cfg, also deleted fsuipc.ini to let that rebuild. Am I missing anything from the debug instructions?

Help!
Jeff

Specs: Win 10, 4.2ghz i7, 40gb 2133MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 850 8gb
Martyson

Re: CTD when using PMDG aircraft at add on scenery airports

Post by Martyson »

nyc2pdx wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:28 am I went around and around with PMDG on this issue and they have told me it isn't a PMDG issue. I have now clean installed P3D 4.2 (I would clean install Win 10, but I don't have any activations left after I requested more 3 days ago). I installed only the PMDG 747, and also NYC scenery for KJFK, KEWR and KLGA. I have previously tried other add on scenery with similar effect-KBOS for example. Default airports are fine, as are default planes. It only happens with PMDG and only at add on airports. Why PMDG doesn't think this is a PMDG issue baffles me.

The problem is that I get a CTD within 5-10 seconds after the panel appears. PMDG thought it was a simconnect issue, but now that I have it down to bare bones, there isn't anything to interfere with it. Also, all the payload and fuel is messed up in the PMDG FMC..ZFW doubles.

I have deleted scenery.cfg, also deleted fsuipc.ini to let that rebuild. Am I missing anything from the debug instructions?

Help!
Jeff

Specs: Win 10, 4.2ghz i7, 40gb 2133MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 850 8gb
If a program stopped working e.g., CTD (crashed to desktop),

Go to the Windows Event Viewer to see the
Faulting Module Name
that caused your problem.

Click on: Start

In search box type : event viewer

then next, look up your error ... here is example.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I seen this possible fix info:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5311 ... 42/?page=7

"Can you please check in P3D settings -> Information the Miscellaneous Text options? Do you have them enable? If yes can you disable them all and check if you are still get the crash?"
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
nyc2pdx

Post by nyc2pdx »

there is nothing coming up in event viewer, and I've been watching the messages to keep it unselected.

Right now I got so frustrated, I did a clean install of Windows 10, and am re-installing. Unfortunately, I need more activations, and despite emailing on Wednesday, and 2 full business days passing, still not reply from licensing.