Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Hat Switch Only Works Pushing Forward in Virtual Cockpit View.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
PMJ

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Hat Switch Only Works Pushing Forward in Virtual Cockpit View.

Post by PMJ »

The hat switch does not move the view left, right or down, only if you push forward in cockpit view. Everything was working after I downloaded A2A Cessna 182. The next day the hat switch would not work if I moved it left, right or down.
I can only shift the views using the keyboard (shift + arrow key).

I read the RESOLVED comment fix, but did not understand it. I'm a pilot trying to stay current; I am not a computer guru.
Also, in the texture resolution box in P3D it reads 512 x 512; I cannot change it even after pressing default. It reverts back to 512 x 512. Strange! The key assignments were checked and View (pan), hat switch 1 and slider are normal.

I contacted A2A and was given a curt response: ...it's not their software but a hardware problem.

I installed Logitech's panels and yoke software, nothing changed. I did a repair on P3D, not change.

In FSX the hat switch works. This platform is on another computer.
My research shows that this is not an isolated case. My feeling is it's a P3D glitch.

If you have any suggestions for a fix, please don't assume I know of what you speak. Don't leave any steps out or use abbreviations I don't understand.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Pat
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Hat Switch Only Works Pushing Forward in Virtual Cockpit View.

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Pat,

Do you notice this with all vehicles? Does the hat work in other views (i.e. Spot or Locked Spot)? Have you tried resetting your controls to default from the Controls UI?

Thanks!
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
KPWoodssong

Re: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Hat Switch Only Works Pushing Forward in Virtual Cockpit View.

Post by KPWoodssong »

I have this problem when I have an A2A aircraft, in my case the Comanche, saved in the default scenario. A2A specifically warns against this in their documentation. If you are saving the default scenario with a A2A plane or any other plane not supplied with the product try using one of P3D supplied aircraft in the default scenario and restart P3D.
Mike Sierra

Post by Mike Sierra »

Have you tried letting P3D start with a newly generated scenario? (Rename your 'Prepar3D v4 Files' folder in ...\Documents to 'Prepar3D v4 Files.x' and restart P3D.)
Does it work correctly then?
Michael.
N 48°10' E 13°30' 496m
Austria, Europe
-vv-
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900KF, 8x 5,0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-4400, 2x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI) @ 7680x1440, Win10prof64 on 1TB SSD, P3Dv5.3.7... on Samsung M.2 2TB, Saitek cockpit