[RESOLVED] P3Dv4.2 Closes On Closing 2d Window

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
downscc

[RESOLVED] P3Dv4.2 Closes On Closing 2d Window

Post by downscc »

I think I have found a solution to a problem I've been chasing for a few days that is related to use of a 2d window (using the '[' key to open a new view. My problem is that when I wanted to close the 2d view, P3D would crash to desktop without a "application has stopped working" message from windows 10 (both before and after 1803 update). The event log indicated g2d.dll as faulting module. The event log would also indicate a second event within 2 seconds which was couatl.exe closing and the faulting module was ucrtbase.dll. I suspected ucrtbase was crashing as a result of the g2d.dll event but I went ahead and ran a DISM check and SFC/scannow just to be sure my system files were okay.

I used the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) utility with Windows in Safe Mode, then downloaded current NVidia driver (397.64 ) and then checked opening and closing the new view window in P3D okay. At least for now it seems that the problem is resolved.
Dan Downs
KCRP