ntdll.dll crash between Greenland and Canada Prepar3D v4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ahuimanu

Re: ntdll.dll crash between Greenland and Canada Prepar3D v4

Post by ahuimanu »

This is a consistent problem that I experience about once per week.
Ronharr

Post by Ronharr »

Running p3dv4.3 on flight from KSEA to KSAN on PMDG 777 with CTD East of Mount Hood area. Have ORBX North America sceneries installed and was in locked spot astern when display seized and then crashed to desktop after F9 attempt to reenter cockpit view. I have done this flight before without incident. Here are the details for those of you who are able to interpret them (it's beyond my geek status).

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-08-12T17:56:43.899142200Z" />
<EventRecordID>16508</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Anon</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
<Data>4.3.29.25520</Data>
<Data>5b2c3263</Data>
<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>10.0.17134.165</Data>
<Data>f4df6dc2</Data>
<Data>c0000374</Data>
<Data>00000000000f4d1b</Data>
<Data>1f60</Data>
<Data>01d43259d8707715</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>ca29a699-174f-42b9-a9b3-56f5bf563595</Data>
<Data />
<Data />
</EventData>
</Event>
kikigey89

Post by kikigey89 »

Hey guys,

I'm also experiencing this issue for around 1.5 years now. It first appeared for me with P3D v3.3 after a GSX/Couatl update. I'm still on v3.3 and I can only avoid this problem by killing Couatl in the task manager after pushback or totally disabling it in exe.xml. I don't get this problem on each flight. I have a test scenario saved and sometimes it crashes always after 10 minutes (when reaching a certain distance to the coast) and sometimes it works 5 times in a row without any crash. I disabled basically every addon in my sim and the only thing which is 100% reproducible in my sim is, when I kill Couatl after pushback, I don't get any issue. However then I can't use any FSDT destination airport.

Chris
downscc

Post by downscc »

kikigey89 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:33 am Hey guys,

I'm also experiencing this issue for around 1.5 years now. It first appeared for me with P3D v3.3 after a GSX/Couatl update. I'm still on v3.3 and I can only avoid this problem by killing Couatl in the task manager after pushback or totally disabling it in exe.xml. I don't get this problem on each flight. I have a test scenario saved and sometimes it crashes always after 10 minutes (when reaching a certain distance to the coast) and sometimes it works 5 times in a row without any crash. I disabled basically every addon in my sim and the only thing which is 100% reproducible in my sim is, when I kill Couatl after pushback, I don't get any issue. However then I can't use any FSDT destination airport.

Chris
If you have an up to date GSX and Addon Manager, then it will disable itself when the aircraft is above 250/10000. There shouldn't be a need to manually disable it, which can be done from the menu by the way. Try requesting GSX when above 10000, you should get a message from GSX that it is disabled.
Dan Downs
KCRP
kikigey89

Post by kikigey89 »

downscc wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:33 pm If you have an up to date GSX and Addon Manager, then it will disable itself when the aircraft is above 250/10000. There shouldn't be a need to manually disable it, which can be done from the menu by the way. Try requesting GSX when above 10000, you should get a message from GSX that it is disabled.
I tried that today but I still have the problem. I updated it with the FSDT Live Update. Need to check if it really downloaded the latest version. Did it fix the issue for you?
downscc

Post by downscc »

Yup, me and others. There was an active and long thread running in AVSIM on this topic and now for the most part it is quiet on this topic.
Dan Downs
KCRP
kikigey89

Post by kikigey89 »

I updated yesterday with the Live Update Tool and I still have the issue. How did you update it?
kikigey89

Post by kikigey89 »

I could confirm it, latest version installed. GSX says it's disabled above 10000 ft / 250 kts.
Also no crash this time, tried my scenario around 12 times. Hopefully it's indeed solved for good :-)
Thanks!
Thomasfa

Post by Thomasfa »

Martyson wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:18 pm
Thomasfa wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:50 pm Hello,

I am Thomas from Austria .....................

Best regards
Thomas
Have you tested with a default aircraft and no other programs (weather, multitasking/working on On-line , VATsim etc) running?
No, I have not testet with default aircraft.
Regards
Thomas
Home base close to LOWL
I5 9600K@4.9 MHz; Radeon 6800XT; 32GB RAM
Multimonitor setup, 1 4K-TV , 3 Monitors
P3D V5.3; ORBX Global, Europe, NA
Windows 11
Jespersson

Post by Jespersson »

I have the same issue with ctd just before the Canadian coast. I recently did a fresh install of P3D so my GSX should be up to date. I also get the message that it is disabled above 10 000ft but that did not seem to do it. I'll try to kill coatl manually.
Kind regards
Jesper Persson
hk66

Post by hk66 »

After literally hundreds of perfect flights in North America and Europe with always the same configuration of plane and add-ons, my P3Dv4.3 crashed now for the first time near New Foundland with that well-known ntdll.dll error.
You can find the exact coordinates of the event on the attached screenshot, where the moving map on my 2nd PC was frozen in the same moment.
Hoping that helps to find finally the cause of these CTDs.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqV-lB13e9LYgdEUiWBslyqHFNLMVA

Regards,
Hans
bluestar

Post by bluestar »

I've had this crash twice in the last 10 days, always in the same place (just before the Canadian coast) on the same route (ENGM-KDFW). About an hour after T/O I saved my flight, and restarted P3d and my saved scenario. Flew for about four hours and it crashes as I watch it, no warning. I go back to my autosave and restart the flight about which was about 45 minutes from the crash location. The sim went through that location both times starting from the autosave sight without any problems. When I depart Greenland and fly over this same area there are no issues.

Since the problem only occurs when starting in Europe enroute to North America via Canada the confliction causing the crash is between something in Europe and something in Canada.
morph10

Post by morph10 »

I also get this problem, it is the only crash I ever get with P3D, for me it normally happens about 130 miles north east of St Johns.
There must be a bug within P3D as a lot of people are having this issue in and around this part of the world.
brynmwr

Post by brynmwr »

downscc wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:30 pm Yup, me and others. There was an active and long thread running in AVSIM on this topic and now for the most part it is quiet on this topic.
It went quiet because the 19 page thread was locked, not because the problem was resolved. New threads have popped up. I reckon couatl was a red herring. I thought this bug went back many years, as I recall having similar experiences in that part of the FS world on FS9. It would be great if LM would collect some data on this.
srcooke

Post by srcooke »

Yup, add me to the list, same error code. Shortly after exiting the NAT en-route from EDDF :(
Regards
Stephen Cooke