[RESOLVED] Screen blinks black every 10-15 seconds Prepar3D v4.2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
part-time-punk

Re: Main Screen blinks black every 10-15 seconds

Post by part-time-punk »

Hi bhorv67,

I see your signature says Win 10 1803.
There are numerous reports on the internet of the 1803 update messing with graphics card drivers.
Have you tried doing a clean reinstall of the Nvidia drivers?

Cheers,

Dave.
Firerx_1

Post by Firerx_1 »

yeppers.
Also if you using the DPI cabling make sure is't a high quality one no more than 10 ft maximum. 6-8 ft should be the longest.
Jay Dunn

Post by Jay Dunn »

Fixed by Going to P3d V4 Options tab the Graphics then set the 'Target frame rate:' below 51 worked for me, this Stopped the Blinking Display from blinking. Note; I have some monitors that did Not exhibit the problem even when the 'Target frame rate:' was set to 'Unlimited'. Other monitors need the 'Target frame rate:' to be set below 51. Aloha, Jay
guit32

Post by guit32 »

Same problem
Fix it when I use Vsync ! I don't know why..
umelec

Post by umelec »

Hi all

I switched on Vsync, too, and the blackouts were gone. But I think this is due to the fact, that Vsync reduces the fps extremely (to about 10 fps on my place). So I think the real reason for disappearing blackouts are the reduced fps and not really the Vsync. Somehow it looks linear: less fps result in less blackouts.

I made more tests. I flew the original F22 instead of my PMDG737NGX over the same area. The blackouts are the same! I flew over other areas. Same thing. I tried to switch on and off or change several graphic settings, resolutions, effects. No influence. I switched off all instrument panels in my homecockpit. Blackouts are still there.

By the way, the background window on my system monitor is stable. Only the P3D window inside it is flickering. So it cannot be a bad resp. limited cable or graphics card. It looks like some black frames sent from P3D program itself. Or Win10 does not transfer frames correctly. Last update of Win10? I think, someone of LM should get now into this discussion. That would be appreciated most.

Best regards
Urs
Jay Dunn

Post by Jay Dunn »

found that when I goto P3D Options> Display> Frame Rate Controls> VSync: On> Seem to fix the problem.