P3Dv4.2 Single Pass VR Issues

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
whitav8

P3Dv4.2 Single Pass VR Issues

Post by whitav8 »

Personally, I haven't seen any problems with single pass rendering (Nvidia only) for VR - it gives me a little performance boost (I'm still held back by just a 4.2 Ghz CPU and a 1060 GPU). But I have read about some rendering issues - ranging from objects like high tension tower artifacts all the way to major blackouts on the screen. I thought it might be good to get some feedback from you VR equipped folks. With Oculus Tray Tool set at 1.5 SuperSampling, I really like VR in P3Dv4.2 - yes, I have to slide some graphic options to the left, but with ASW I am getting pretty smooth performance.

Dave W.
P3Dv5, P3Dv4.4 9700K@5Ghz, 32gbRam, RTX2070,HP Reverb HMD
ruilaureano

Re: P3Dv4.2 Single Pass VR Issues

Post by ruilaureano »

I too have noticed improvements (and I am being held back by a GPU that doesn't even meet oculus minimum requirements) and inside PMDG's 747 at Hilo P3D VR was actually SMOOOTH.

The new options permanence is a nice adition. And I have noticed a few small issues with the single pass option:

PMDG's tail Logo light is only visible in the left eye from certain angles, the same happening to some AI taxi lights and AI ship water trails from above.
whitav8

Post by whitav8 »

@VR folks,
If you notice a VR problem, make sure you try with and without single pass mode and then report if the issue is with both modes or just one of them.

Thanks

Dave W.
truthknown

Post by truthknown »

I get a ton of artifacts in single pass that do not show up without single pass. The jetways flicker, random scenery parts show up and flicker in and out. Ground scenery tiles show the wrong textures. Its weird, but the performance is better.
cannow

Post by cannow »

There is a thread on artifacts in miscellaneous you may wish to follow unfortunately no answers so far
whitav8

Post by whitav8 »

@cannow,
I read through that thread and added a request for all Vr folks to try your condition so L-M can reproduce it. Let's cancel this thread.

Great work!

Dave W.

P.S. I see your artifacts (at least some of them and those at KSEA and KSAN - big flashes) but I have a third party scenery (Paulo Ricardo's Rio de Janiero) that doesn't exhibit any artifacts that I have seen yet - I just wonder what the problem is?