P3dV4.2 VR reprojection single pass supersampling

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
guit32

P3dV4.2 VR reprojection single pass supersampling

Post by guit32 »

Hello,
I notice that there is much reprojection when using single pass mode instead of stereo mode. With a supersampling of 1.3 in steam vr I have about 50% of reprojection which is very high (I have a i5 4570 and GTX 1080) in single pass mode. What surprised me is that with this mode the fps are better ! so I Wonder if the way steam (Advanced setting application) calculate reprojection ratio is correct with such a specific mode as single pass ? I fly with a supersampling of 1.3 what are other people use ? this setting give me the same image as flyinside (with a supersampling of 2 in the application flyinside).
With flysinside there is no reprojection indicated in steam vr but I am not sure that this is possible..
On steam I use always reprojection on/interlevead on/asynchronous on, is there better advice for these mode
Thank you for reading (sorry I am not a native English).
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3dV4.2 VR reprojection single pass supersampling

Post by Beau Hollis »

What re-projection stats do you get in mono? What framerates are you getting outside vr, and in vr in mono, stereo, and single-pass stereo? I think to avoid re-projection and/or interleaving, you need to be holding solid at 90fps. If you're at 45 or 30 and no reprojection is reported, it may be that interleaved frames don't count toward this stat.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
guit32

Post by guit32 »

Outside vr it must 50 fps, in vr stereo 25 max and in single pass 30 max. So I am never above 90 fps (it is impossible with the 737 NGX and addon, etc..), but I don't know enough to say how this ratio is calculated
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

We will look into it, but I wouldn't worry too much about the re-projection stat in that case. Is the experience of 30 fps single-pass is more comfortable for you than 22.5 fps using standard stereo?
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect