[RESOLVED] HDR-lights - help - ChasePlane

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
meirellesmm

[RESOLVED] HDR-lights - help - ChasePlane

Post by meirellesmm »

Hi
I have a problem that I would like to understand and solve. About HDR lightning.
If I have activated, the clouds become very white. bursting, I can barely see. Even in the minimum configuration. Eg 0.30 light, 0 bloom and 0.15 contrast. it's the same graph if I put any value. White burst horrible.
how can I fix this problem.
To fly at night, it works very well, this is understood during the day
thank you,
marcelo
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: HDR-lights - help

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Marcelo,

You can further tune HDR lighting in the Graphics section in the Prepar3D.cfg. There are several HDR and ToneMap entries that can be modified. You will need to restart Prepar3D when making these changes. Also if you do manually change this file we recommend creating a backup in case you need to revert back.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

Tks
ok, what are the lines that modify hdr lighting in cfg?
I find some presets of this?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

If you search for HDR in the cfg you will see several entries. We do not offer any presets for these values other than the default values. You may see odd results depending on the values you choose. In the vast majority of cases the settings in the UI can be tweaked to give the desired results.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

So...
I have the default values placed. I threw away the p3d.cfg file and it created another one automatically, so the settings are default.
What I'm trying to say is that with the default settings, I have a horrible white when I enable HDR lighting ( p3d.cfg default ) . It can not believ that a simulator manufacturer with the name of Lockheed, has done this by default. (a strong light, very white and bursting) It must be some mistake in my program. That's why I'm asking for help.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

You will need to manually change these values in a text editor. Deleting the cfg will cause Prepar3D to regenerate a new one with default values.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

Ok. But so far you have not answered my question.
Even the p3d.cfg file is defalut, let's assume I just installed P3d, right? The first time I use HDR lighting will appear this strong white that can not fly, and I will have to go in p3d.cfg adjust, is this what happens?
If so, okay, problem solved. Even though I do not believe that a simulator like P3dV4 could be that way. If not, is the problem in my simulator. Made me understand?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

There is no way to change the default values written to the config when it is first created unless you are modifying entries that are available in the options menu. You can alter graphics settings from the startup screen before running the sim for the first time. For the other entries I referenced you will have to modify them manually in the cfg after it is created. Another option is to not use HDR if it does not give you the desired visual results.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

Look, I'm sorry for the honesty but honestly you must not have understood yet what I'm trying to talk about.
I know I can not change the default values ​​written to the configuration when it is created. That's not what I'm trying to say.
The fact is that as soon as I adjust my HRD lighting, it can be any setting.
0.10 / 0.20. 0.50, 1.00 - any adjustment of intensity, bloom, and contrast, it shows on the screen the same way. Either way I put any value. If I rip the HDR like this: 1.10 / 0.50 / 0.80 --- <for example, it will give me an extremely strong white. If I connect the HDR like this: 0.40 / 0.0 / 0.10 it will give me the SAME RESULT. This is impossible to come from the factory. There must be some mistake. I've already let him create a new CFG but the same thing happens anyway.
If it were something common, they would have more than a million complaints about this subject, and I honestly did not find anything on the forum.
so I am still sure that I have a problem with P3D and can not resolve without your help.
Last edited by meirellesmm on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

I'm sorry for misunderstanding the question. We have general debugging steps here that should help narrow down the issue:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

I did! I did!!
Not resolve
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello meirellesmm,

Did you try it without any add-ons installed?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

Yes.. i formatted my cpu.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Can you post screenshots of the issue showing both your graphics settings as well as the cloud appearance?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

Yes of course! I can!
I just do not know where can i attachments files here in the post. I didn't find.