Axis Settings still not Saved

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
machtoo

Axis Settings still not Saved

Post by machtoo »

Since upgrading to 4.2 my control axis mappings are not saved after closing app and restarting. Likewise, changing aircraft while running sim requires import of the control settings XML I created while testing. The import works but P3D is not retaining the settings. I have to re-import with every a/c change or re-start. I had posted this issue previously but cannot find it any longer. What is causing the control axis settings to reset to default? How do you get P3d V4.2 to retain the control mappings?
Dean Taunton, PE, Private Pilot
X990 24 Gig ASUS P4S8X-X SOCKET 478 MOTHERBOARD , 2080 RTX Ti Founders (primary) monitor, 980 GTX Ti (second monitor), CP Flight 737 sim hardware, MFG pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, TrackIR
FDS CDU
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Axis Settings still not Saved

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Are you only seeing this issue with certain devices? Do keyboard assignments work as expected? If only certain devices are showing the problem does changing your control mode to "Direct Input" in "Options->Controls->Other" solve the problem?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
machtoo

Post by machtoo »

Based on your question, I did some tests...changing to Direct Input wiped the settings in the current active settings xml file. So re-mapped and changed aircraft...same behavior...have to re-import the mapping XML. Fortunately had a second version saved. Changed back to raw and re-mapped. Start P3D V4.2 again and have to import the control settings xml file to restore button settings/axis mappings. Once thing I also verified is P3D V4 wipes all device mappings except the keyboard entries. All button and axis assignments for all other peripherals are wiped on start and with any aircraft change while running P3D v4. It looks like it is constantly defaulting to some default settings file even though it detects the other controls. I have Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick and Throttle, MFG Pedals, two Thrustmaster MFDs, and CP Flight Avionics. For these tests, I do not have the CPFlight avionics running. Very strange...only see this with V4.2. Did not see it with V4.1. Should not have to import the mappings every time I run P3D or every time I change aircraft while running the sim.

Hope this can be resolved. Thanks
X990 24 Gig ASUS P4S8X-X SOCKET 478 MOTHERBOARD , 2080 RTX Ti Founders (primary) monitor, 980 GTX Ti (second monitor), CP Flight 737 sim hardware, MFG pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, TrackIR
FDS CDU
machtoo

Post by machtoo »

I see other posts beginning to show up about control mappings not being retained after setting them...can someone on the LM team confirm this is a bug? Need a way to set default mappings and have them retained not only on startup but also when you change aircraft. Any updates?
FDS CDU
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Are you seeing this issue with all of your controllers?

Do you have any addons installed?

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
machtoo

Post by machtoo »

Yes
FDS CDU
machtoo

Post by machtoo »

Am I the only one having to import control settings on start and with every aircraft or scenario change? or is this normal P3D V4 behavior? Once a control profile is loaded shouldn't it stay the default unless manually changed?
FDS CDU
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Do you have any addons installed?

Regards,
Kayla
machtoo

Post by machtoo »

ORBX, EZDOK, TRACK IR, Ultimate Traffic Live, FSUIPC, GSX, FS2CREW for specific A/C
FDS CDU
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Have you tested this in default Prepar3D, without any addons installed?

Regards,
Kayla
machtoo

Post by machtoo »

Yes...this symptom existed before any add-on installs...P3D V4 has never saved control mappings, I can import successfully everytime prior to flying but it is annoying...P3D V3 did not exhibit this behavior. Is it possible to set the correct control profile as the default? If so, how?
FDS CDU
machtoo

Post by machtoo »

Also, is it possible to copy the correct mapping profiled into a default config file assuming it exists? Or delete the default and rename the correct profile to the default that V4 is loading?
FDS CDU
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

machtoo wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:04 pm Yes...this symptom existed before any add-on installs...P3D V4 has never saved control mappings, I can import successfully everytime prior to flying but it is annoying...P3D V3 did not exhibit this behavior. Is it possible to set the correct control profile as the default? If so, how?
Hello,

In earlier posts, you said your problem started with 4.2, but not with 4.1. Is this still true?

We are unable to reproduce this issue. Can you provide detailed reproduction steps/criteria?

Regards,
Kayla
machtoo

Post by machtoo »

That is correct...when I initially updated to 4.1 I did not see this issue...only after 4.2.
FDS CDU
machtoo

Post by machtoo »

Any updates on this issue?...my real question is where is P3D V4 getting the default control profile? Can I replace the values/data in the default location/file with those in my custom profile so it loads those parameters rather than resetting to the standard?
FDS CDU