P3D v4.2 major stutters - No add-ons installed

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
bnash00

P3D v4.2 major stutters - No add-ons installed

Post by bnash00 »

Hi All,

I just did a fresh install of Window 10 Pro. I installed P3D v4.2 and I am getting severe frame stutters. I'm getting 110+ FPS with the default display settings but with terrible frame stutters every second or so. I have no add-ons installed. I repeat, FSUIPC is NOT installed. Just Windows 10 Pro and vanilla P3D v4.2.

Last night I uninstalled 4.2 and rolled back to 4.1. The stuttering went away and I experience smooth performance again. Has anyone else experienced this issue with a clean install of 4.2?

Should I try older Nvidia drivers? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Here is my system specs:
Intel Corei7 4960X @4.6GHz
Nvidia TitanX (Maxwell)
Nvidia Driver 390.77
16GB DDR3 RAM
2x 500GB SSD

Thanks
Ben
Benjamin Nash
VBV001

Re: P3D v4.2 major stutters - No add-ons installed

Post by VBV001 »

I did an update to 4.2 and every 10 or 20 sec. the sim freezes for a couple of sec.
Rolled back to 4.1 and have a very smooth sim again.

Just going to wait till I think I can update without any problems.

Regards,

Cor
robwin

Post by robwin »

I have the same problems. Sim freezes for 20 secs then works for 2 secs. It is unusable with this 4.2 update. Have rolled back to version 4.1
mwilk19

Post by mwilk19 »

I just updated to 4.2. I'm seeing regular pauses at an interval of every 9 seconds.

UPDATE: I removed the latest version of FSUIPC and the pauses went away, so it appears that may be the culprit in my case.
Werner747

Frequent short freezes on P3D v4.2

Post by Werner747 »

Hi everyone,

New to the forums and new to P3D. Good to get to interact with all on these forums. I have a problem - irrespective of scenery or vehicle used, the simulation runs smoothly for a 1 or two, then freezes for half a second or so and the process continues indefinitely.

I have been using v4.1 without these issues, but I have the freezing now after installing 4.2 Can anyone give me any advice? It runs smooth with high framerates on my pc and my settings remained unchanged after the installation of 4.2

I have deleted the config creating a fresh one but no dice. I also have nVidia inspector set to certain settings, and I have triple buffering on and using half refresh rate which stopped the micro stutters in the simulation when I started using 4.1

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Werner
bnash00

Post by bnash00 »

Hi All,

I was able to resolve my frame stutter problem by doing the following:
-Wipe SSD's
-Re-installed Windows 10 Pro
-This time instead of installing the latest Nvidia driver manually, I just took the driver Windows Update installs which happens to be 388.13.
-Installed P3D v4.2

I ran a test of the default scenario with the default display settings. The stuttering frames were gone. Not sure if there is a problem with the latest Nvidia 390.77 driver. I have yet to upgrade it.

I am now slowly installing supported add-on one at a time. So far so good.

Ben
Benjamin Nash
VBV001

Post by VBV001 »

Hiya,

Resolved mine to as it look. Tomorrow I will do a testflight. For me it was FSUIPC 5.123C. Changed it back to 5.122 and everything looks ok now.

I will report back tomorrow.

Regards,

Cor
cosnowboarder_777

v4.2 freezes every couple seconds

Post by cosnowboarder_777 »

Just upgraded to V4.2 and now I get these long pauses every 10-15 seconds where the application stops responding for 10+ seconds at a time. Doesn't matter if I am using Flightsim labs, PMDG, etc products. Does it for all of them. Makes V4.2 completely unusable.
John B
delta/amsterdam

p3dv4.2 freezing and microstuttering

Post by delta/amsterdam »

hallo

i have installed p3d4.2, when i load my sim then after a few minutes my sim gets micro stutters and wil not respond and somthime it will freez as well for a few seconds,

specs.
windows 10 64bits
intel core i5-4570 cpu 3.20ghz
8gb ram
gtx 1060 6g
1monitor 1920x1080 60hz
2 monitor 1360x768 60hz
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello cosnowboarder_777 and delta/amsterdam,

I've merged your topics into this thread since they are the same issue. Let us know if the other suggestions in this thread fix your issue. If they do not, I recommend going through the general debugging steps.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you should reach out to the developer for direct support. If they have any issues with development they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
cosnowboarder_777

Post by cosnowboarder_777 »

Brady Butler wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:54 pm Hello cosnowboarder_777 and delta/amsterdam,

I've merged your topics into this thread since they are the same issue. Let us know if the other suggestions in this thread fix your issue. If they do not, I recommend going through the general debugging steps.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you should reach out to the developer for direct support. If they have any issues with development they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Thanks Brady, that definitely fixed the issue.
John B