Lost Ability to Pan Around Cabin/Exterioir - SimConnect Applications

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
hskjalm

Re: Lost Ability to Pan Around Cabin/Exterioir - SimConnect Applications

Post by hskjalm »

I SOLVED my problem today with the numeric keys in this way. The problem - at least in my case - was an add-on called FSTramp. I became aware that FSTramp default assigns different keys. I thought that this maybe could be the problem. I then tried - in FSTramp/settings - to remove all key assignments and now my numeric keypad works with the view-keys as before. In the future I will start FSTramp from the menu-line/add-ons.
If others also use the FSTramp add-on, it will probably also work for them.
Dvastenburg

Post by Dvastenburg »

Hi all,

i just found out that this forum page exist.
i I have a similar problem. i can only use my look buttons when pressing shift too. this is kinda annoying since i always use the NUM5 to reset my view, and i do that a lot.... hope there is a fix real soon!

regards,
CzarW

Post by CzarW »

Same problem here, update 4.2... also GSX is screwed up!
nday

Post by nday »

Hi

You can re assign the view position keys from the controls menu
in the meantime.

Nigel
dmatthieu2

Post by dmatthieu2 »

I don't have Chase plane and this is only after I've installed 4.2 this is occuring. It's really annoying and I'm this close to rolling back to 4.1.7. Has anyone or P3D come up with a solution yet??
dmatthieu2

Re: Lost Ability to Pan Around Cabin/Exterioir

Post by dmatthieu2 »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:28 pm After a fresh config are there still add-ons still installed? Does running the "Delete Generated Files" shortcut in the Prepar3D directory have any effect?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Yup I just did installed fresh and the problem still exists! Fire your QA team Rob. They lied to you. It's broken.
Mike Sierra

Post by Mike Sierra »

@dmatthieu2: Do you also use the newly created default startup scenario, or another, saved before restoration?

I encountered the described loss of panning (except for upward panning) in cockpit view, and in spot view (completly) - for repeated times.
My experience is, that all scenarios where this panning defect occurs, have the following attribute in common:
In every secion [Camera.n.n] of the .FXML file there is a line defining a zoom factor of the respcective camera (Property_zoom = <anynumber>).
If I remove all these zoom defining lines (delete the line), panning ability returns to the respective scenario.
I don't know WHERE these zoom-lines generate from, and, to be honest, I haven't counter-checked, whether intact scenarios with full panning ability might also contain these definitions.
But it has worked until now - for me.

Michael.
N 48°10' E 13°30' 496m
Austria, Europe
-vv-
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900KF, 8x 5,0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-4400, 2x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI) @ 7680x1440, Win10prof64 on 1TB SSD, P3Dv5.3.7... on Samsung M.2 2TB, Saitek cockpit
dmatthieu2

Post by dmatthieu2 »

@Mike Sierra. The default is generally loaded upon startup (fighter jet, etc). However, I don't run the default scenarios, or built-in tutorials. I create my own before diving into the simulator.

I'm not sure which XML file you are referring to or it's location. Doing my own digging I found camera config files, and in the appdata\lockheed...\controls folder there are two XML files named Standard and Standard.XMLX I highly suspect these files were changed during this new release.
Mike Sierra

Post by Mike Sierra »

Sorry for not being prezicely enopugh, I worte the last posting during a break at my office, where (of course) no flightsim files are around.
What I'm writing about are the situation/scenario files you find unter C:\User\YourName\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Files
There all saved flights are stored, consxisting of a *.FXML and a *.WX file.
In the FXML file you find sections like this:

<Section Name="Camera.1.2">
<Property Name="Guid" Value="{C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}" />
<Property Name="Title" Value="Virtual Cockpit" />
<Property Name="PanelOnlyView" Value="False" />
<Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.69999998807907104492" />
<Property Name="Translation" Value="-0.012664804235100746155, -0.5, -0.20974516868591308594" />
<Property Name="SensorMode" Value="0" />
<Property Name="Rotation" Value="59.790935516357421875, 1.4803609848022460938, 0" />
<Property Name="PostProcess.0" Value="HDRPostProcess" />
<Property Name="PostProcess.1" Value="FXAAResolve" />
</Section>

where the numbers of "Camera.n.n" vary. And there is the line

<Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.69999998807907104492" />

Strangely enough, when I notice the panning problem (usually I use TrackIR for viewing control), and I remove all the "Zoom"-lines from the FXML file, and restart P3D - the problem is gone. (Restarting P3D alone does not help).

Even odder is, that a just-saved FXML file from a flight, where the panning via coolie-hat DID work, also containes the Zoom-lines. Which leaves me clueless, why I my trick works...

Michael.
N 48°10' E 13°30' 496m
Austria, Europe
-vv-
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900KF, 8x 5,0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-4400, 2x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI) @ 7680x1440, Win10prof64 on 1TB SSD, P3Dv5.3.7... on Samsung M.2 2TB, Saitek cockpit
trisho0

Post by trisho0 »

Hello to all .... Still v4.2 with NUMPAD issues? Or, corrected already so I can download v4.2 again?
ShaunF

Post by ShaunF »

I have just recently updated to 4.2 and lost all pan controls. i go into the settings and put in 2,4,6,8 for pans and look and its with the NUM Lock off. then have to remember to turn it back on afterwards (keyboard doesnt have lights).

For me, the pan view stopped as soon as i upgraded to 4.2, prior to that never had any issues at all.
trisho0

Post by trisho0 »

From v4.2 I returned back to v4.1 because of this same reason. Let's wait for higher version sometime ….