[RESOLVED] How to reset a default aircaft

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
mcdonar

[RESOLVED] How to reset a default aircaft

Post by mcdonar »

Today I set my PMDG 777-300ER as the default aircraft for P3Dv4.1 without knowing that this will cause problems.
I now cannot start P3D. As soon as the software loading panel appears, the program abends. I have uninstalled ChasePlane temporarily but this does not help.
Keven at ChasePlane says that this is a known problem.
How do I now un-default my aircraft from P3D so that the program loads successfully?
Help much appreciated.
Regards, Richard
Win10, P3Dv5.0, PMDG 748 & 777, ASP5 + ASCA, vPilot, PFPX
downscc

Re: How to reset a default aircaft

Post by downscc »

Simply create a new scenario with the aircraft you wish to be your default and check the default box before saving. As you have learned, never set a complex aircraft PMDG or FSLabs or otherwise as your default.

Your default aircraft is defined by your default scenario. For example, my default is a BE-58 on the ramp at my home base. Most my flights are in PMDG aircraft, to make starting a session easy be sure to check the show on open box on the Scenario Setup screen. This way, the first thing that pops up is this screen instead of a default scenario, and from here you can select a scenario with your B77W.
Dan Downs
KCRP
mcdonar

Post by mcdonar »

Hi Dan,
Many thanks for your prompt reply.
I am not sure what you mean by 'scenario' to be deleted.
My problem at present is that I cannot get P3Dv4.1 to start, so I cannot get to its settings. As soon as the splash is covered by the loading bar, the program abends.
Without getting any further, I am therefore unable to make any further changes other than deleting a nominated file or two.
Any ideas?
Kind regards, Richard
Regards, Richard
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Hi Richard , the default scenario is in this two files , delete them and P3D will create the "default flight" (F22 at Eglin)
then start the Sim again...

C:\Users\YOUR_ID\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ Prepar3D_Default.fxml and Prepar3D_Default.wx

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
mcdonar

Post by mcdonar »

Hi Dan and Jorge,
Many thanks for your help.
I have deleted as Jorge suggests and also everything in my Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files folder. Everything now back to normal.
Kind regards, Richard
Regards, Richard