RE: GMT / ZULU Time and Timezone Corrections!

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
funkyaz77

RE: GMT / ZULU Time and Timezone Corrections!

Post by funkyaz77 »

Hi LM,

I have noticed a small bug in the timezones file within Prepar3d V4.1 also a suggestion about wording.

Firstly GMT time which I am assuming is UTC could that be labelled as UTC or ZULU just so that everyone is clear. I see it being labelled that LM cannot get the time right i.e local vs UTC. In actual fact if people set the GMT time to UTC then it show correct local time provided the airport was chosen first no matter where you are in the world.

I live in the UK. There is one small bug though and it is this. Assume the time in the UK is 13.00. If I set GMT to 13.00 this is not true UTC and so moves the UTC in the aircraft forward one hour showing 14.00 instead of 13.00 (if im flying in the UK). Also the timezones need looking at as Australia mainly Sydney is 2 hours out. You have most USA zones correct or there abouts.

PLease could you check your DST settings and Timezone Settings and also when I set (GMT/UTC) in the sim it shows the correct time in the aircraft without jumping forward an hour and hence knocking the local time forward.

Thanks

Duncan
Martyson

Re: RE: GMT / ZULU Time and Timezone Corrections!

Post by Martyson »

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
funkyaz77

Post by funkyaz77 »

Hi Martyson,

Yes but I have added additional information for LM to look at i.e Timezone errors and also changing GMT label to UTC which would be helpful.

Kind regards

Duncan
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

funkyaz77 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:06 pm Hi Martyson,

Yes but I have added additional information for LM to look at i.e Timezone errors and also changing GMT label to UTC which would be helpful.

Kind regards

Duncan
I was wondering why you did not add the additional information to the other post?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 86#p164486
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
mcdonar

Post by mcdonar »

Would the time zone fixer at Simelite.com help you?
Regards, Richard
Win10, P3Dv5.0, PMDG 748 & 777, ASP5 + ASCA, vPilot, PFPX
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

mcdonar wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:45 am Would the time zone fixer at Simelite.com help you?
Spending money on third party to fix sim bugs is not always the option. At this rate, we all will rely on third party to keep the sim stable. This timezone fix should be a very easy fix for the LM team to do.
Mike Schroeter
Lockheed Martin

Post by Mike Schroeter »

We've made a few updates and fixes regarding time zones. You should find them in your next update.

Thanks for the feedback and input,
Mike
simprove

Post by simprove »

I've updated to v4.2 and simulator time in the UK is still not correct. At the moment UK local time and UTC are the same. If I select "use system time" it shows UK local time as my PC time. If I select UTC it adds 1 hour, which is not correct. If I load an aircraft the simulated aircraft clock and FMC time reads the correct UTC time, same as UK local time. Maybe it's just a UI problem but if so it's very confusing as the UTC time you set in the UI is not the time shown in the simulator (in the UK timezone at least).

Kevin
funkyaz77

Post by funkyaz77 »

I don't get that issue in the UK. When I select reset system time on the main scenario menu then it syncs to my PC time here in the UK which is correct. When I select UTC after selecting a UK airport of course then my UTC is local time -1 NOT adding an hour. Are you selecting the correct UK airport. Where are you based in the World as well, this could have a bearing on the local time vs UTC issue you are seeing.

Kind regards

Duncan
simprove

Post by simprove »

I'm based in the UK so it's my local time zone. I also have my default scenario located in the UK.
simprove

Post by simprove »

It is definitely the user interface. The correct UTC time is set in the sim. UTC is displayed incorrectly in the menu.