prop and throttle

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Pop

prop and throttle

Post by Pop »

In both V3 and V4 there seems to be a "link" between the throttle and prop controls. when I move the RPM lever the throttle moves. At full throttle and full increase RPM, if I reduce the RPM the throttle is retarded as well????
(T-28, A1 and A36) controls set to Throttle(or throttle 1) and Prop set to (prop or Prop1)
Pop

Re: prop and throttle

Post by Pop »

In both V3 and 4 using an “axis” to control throttle and prop results in a “goofy” link between the two. Moving one moves the other. Using switches to control rpm + and _ work OK
Mike Sierra

Post by Mike Sierra »

Sounds strange, but I encounter a similar effect, affecting rudder and brake(s) in v3.4 (not yet in v4.1):
Using the default Beech King Air taxiing on ground, I observe the rudder to 'wave' inadvertently like a flag in the wind, when I use my CH pedals for steering on ground. The front gear shows normal steering movements, and the plane - though sluggishly - reacts to my steering movements.
On the other hand, using differential brakes, e.g.the left side, the left gear creates a dark smear on the taxiway, the plane itself turns to left (as intended), but also the rudder shows a distinct deflection to the left side, moving back to central position, as soon as I release the brake. The same, only vice-versa, when I use the right brake.
Re-running a calibration of the CH pedals (either with the CH Software, as with P3D itself) plus re-assigning the axis assignments does not really change much.
A comparable 'bug'?

Michael.
N 48°10' E 13°30' 496m
Austria, Europe
-vv-
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900KF, 8x 5,0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-4400, 2x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI) @ 7680x1440, Win10prof64 on 1TB SSD, P3Dv5.3.7... on Samsung M.2 2TB, Saitek cockpit
JoHubb

Post by JoHubb »

Pop wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:40 pm In both V3 and V4 there seems to be a "link" between the throttle and prop controls. when I move the RPM lever the throttle moves. At full throttle and full increase RPM, if I reduce the RPM the throttle is retarded as well????
(T-28, A1 and A36) controls set to Throttle(or throttle 1) and Prop set to (prop or Prop1)
If you have not already done so, I suggest you check all your control settings, under 'axis' assignments and make sure that you do not have duplicate assignments. If your plane is a single engine, then use Throttle for your chosen throttle lever, and Prop for the RPM lever. Make sure that your throttle lever is not assigned to both Throttle and Prop in the settings.

Are you using FSUIPC for axis assignment and calibration?
Mike Sierra

Post by Mike Sierra »

Are you using Saitek controls?
(I do since a few days, and I've got to re-learn sim-flying!)
And it's now spooky similar: moving the prop control moves also the lever for mixture control.
A double axis assignment in Spad.next (from the downloaded profile I use) was the culprit.
Michael.
N 48°10' E 13°30' 496m
Austria, Europe
-vv-
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900KF, 8x 5,0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-4400, 2x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI) @ 7680x1440, Win10prof64 on 1TB SSD, P3Dv5.3.7... on Samsung M.2 2TB, Saitek cockpit
downscc

Post by downscc »

I have no such connection between throttle and prop using a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS. When flying props, my throttle lever is asssigned to throttle axis and slider is assigned to propeller. Never had a problem. As suggested, check all your assignments and if you are using FSUIPC try moving the fsuipc.ini file to your desktop to see it that changes things.
Dan Downs
KCRP