Duplicate Objects after installing scenery update

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
arclight

Duplicate Objects after installing scenery update

Post by arclight »

Hello,

I hope someone can help me find a solution to this problem. After I updated to the latest scenery update (4.1). I am seeing extra taxiway signs in the middle of the taxiways with T2G KMCO. I have already check to see if there is any duplicate afcads for KMCO but none exist except for the default. If I change the extension for the default scenery to off (Folder 302 file 26210.off) the signs disappear. So it is has something to do with the default scenery objects. Also, the priority for T2G KMCO is the top of the list.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Duplicate Objects after installing scenery update

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Are you seeing this issue without that add-on installed?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
arclight

Post by arclight »

Hello Rob,

I will check and get back with you!
I will also try and uninstall and reinstall just In case something messed up during the first install (if you think that will work?)

Thanks for the quick response Rob and will get back with you later on whether it is happening once I remove the add on !!
arclight

Post by arclight »

Hello Rob,

Ok I ran with just the default scenery and the signs are in the taxiway. So it is happening in both the addon and default scenery.

Please advise if there is anything else you would like me to check

Regards,

Arclight
arclight

Post by arclight »

Rob,

One more thing I tried was I replace the file APX26210.bgl in folder 302 from the previous version p3dv3.4 and the signs were gone. You might want to check that file in the new release for problems.

Regards,

Arclight
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

HI Arclight,

We aren't seeing this issue in default content. That BGL file may have been modified by this add-on. I recommend contacting T2G with this issue to see if they are able to replicate it.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
arclight

Post by arclight »

Hello Rob,

There is diffidently something wrong with the file whether it is something modifying it or it is in your installer. As the new one that has the problems is smaller (587kb) than the one that I took from 4.0 which is at (741kb). I uninstalled 4.1 scenery re-installed twice to no avail. I don't think it is T2G, as once I remove the default scenery the signs are gone from the taxiways in T2G KMCO.

Just in case this comes back up for anyone else, the way I solved it was reinstalling the 4.0 scenery then taking the 26210.bgl from that and placing it somewhere temporary and then reinstalling 4.1 scenery and replacing it with the one from 4.0. Signs are now gone!

Thanks Rob for your assistance!