4.1 VR is broken after upadte!!!

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Blodhemn

Re: 4.1 VR is broken after upadte!!!

Post by Blodhemn »

Kayla Kinzel wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:14 pm Hello,

Have you tried deleting your camera.cfg? This will delete any views added by addons. You shouldn't still see the old VR views.

There is another thread with a few encountering this problem, but I haven't been able to reproduce it in house.

Regards,
Kayla
Ah, now that made a difference, Still don't have a VR Tab anywhere, but also....the VR option has disappeared from the views tab. Like it's not detecting the VR Headset at all
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

You shouldn't still see those other cameras. We deprecated them, as you saw that they did not work.

Have you tried removing all your addons and deleting all generated files? I know this is a lot of work, but you can back up any files you need to help restore your addons quicker.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Users reported a similar issue with not seeing the VR menu with the Oculus. Updating to the latest NVidia drivers solved the issue.
viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=127061

Can you try updating your graphics drivers and see if this fixes what you're seeing?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
southpaw

Post by southpaw »

Hi,

I made all suggested steps so far (delete addons, delete generated configs, reinstall nvidia drivers) but I still cannot use VR in P3Dv4.1.

Are there additional suggestios?

Kind regards

Oliver
grimmer72

Post by grimmer72 »

Me too. Read through all forum posts and have tried them all. Not sure what it could be. Continues to work well in all other applications and suspect would in P3D if tab was available :)
i7-4790
1080 Founders Edition
16GB RAM
MSI-Z97 MB
Windows 10 Home
Oculus CV1
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

southpaw wrote: southpaw
grimmer72 wrote: grimmer72

Hello,

Have you both went onto NVIDIA/AMD's websites to check for the latest driver?

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
southpaw

Post by southpaw »

Hi Kayla,
yes I took latest nvidia driver (yesterday and also the very newest from today). I even uninstalled, reboot, installed newest and reboot. No VR options are displayed.
As grimmer72 I also have a gtx1080.
I would be interested to know if anyone succeeded with a gtx1080?
Kind regards
Oliver
grimmer72

Post by grimmer72 »

I downloaded v388 from the Nvidia website (said released in past 7 days) and presumably the newest. Rebooted. Reconnected Oculus. Nothing. BTW, after all of this tried demo of Flyinside for v4.1 and works. Just need the tab at top to show up in P3D and sure would work.
i7-4790
1080 Founders Edition
16GB RAM
MSI-Z97 MB
Windows 10 Home
Oculus CV1
grimmer72

Post by grimmer72 »

Forget about downloading drivers, Oculus, joysticks, windows, etc!

I did all of that and nothing. However, at last, ITS WORKING!!! What did I do? Well, was working fine in V3 and all other programs. My computer didn't change. So went back to the obvious and just deleted and re-installed just the "client" and "content" and now works.

It was a long path but happy to be there. Seems to work great now. If your computer was working fine before update, would try that first. The other things are probably more for people that don't ever update drivers, etc and if you are not that person, it's likely something in the install process.

Good luck to the rest of you and thanks for all the suggestions to work through from everyone :)
i7-4790
1080 Founders Edition
16GB RAM
MSI-Z97 MB
Windows 10 Home
Oculus CV1
southpaw

Post by southpaw »

Hi,

I just made a similar experience. After all the nvidia updates did not help I uninstalled p3dv4.1 and removed the p3dv4 folder that was left on disk after uninstall. After that I installed 4.1 again and Virtual Reality works again :-)

Be careful if you decide to delete the p3dv4 installation folder because you will loose addons, scenery files, add on planes, traffic etc.. Make a backup first and be sure to have the possibilty to reinstall everything (addons ...) again.

As grimmer72 wrote it seems even to work with only delete and re-install the "client" and "content".
It should be better to try grimmer72's way first because now I have to reinstall all addons etc. over the weekend.
But for me that's ok because the new VR features in 4.1 are very good and I love flying in vr :-)

Kind regards
Oliver