No dyn lights on arrival - any airport

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Senchay

No dyn lights on arrival - any airport

Post by Senchay »

Hello.

Im very happy with my sim. It runs very good basically and looks pretty nice imo. I have no ctds (anymore or other problems. But theres now one single thing left that is bugging me...and i have no idea what it can cause.

The problem is dyn lighting, on arrivals only. If i spawn at lets say ORBX LOWI in nighttime, theres normal dyn light there. But if i arrive at the same time, the dyn light is missing and it basically behaves like the old v3 airports. Only dyn light left now is from moonlight etc.

What can that be?. I have no problems with fps loss or whaever, unlike many but this thing i cannot get rid of. It happens on EVERY airport that has dyn lights, on every single flight. And its 100% ok when spawning, but not on arrival. Also to 100%, its bugged on arrival.

Any tips? I post a link now to another post, there you can see my settings etc all detailed

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 01#p165436
P3D 5.3, I7700K, 2080 RTX, 16GB Ram, Asus Prime Z270K, Win 10
Active Addons: ActiveSky, Skyforce Env Textures, Envshade, GSX, UtLive
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: No dyn lights on arrival - any airport

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Have you contacted the add-on developer with this issue?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:16 pm Have you contacted the add-on developer with this issue?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Hello Rob.

WIch one you mean, i would have to contact all of them :-) The LOWI was only an example :-) Like mentioned, it happens on ALL airports that have dynamic lightning implemented.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Senchay wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:42 am
Rob McCarthy wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:16 pm Have you contacted the add-on developer with this issue?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Hello Rob.

WIch one you mean, i would have to contact all of them :-) The LOWI was only an example :-) Like mentioned, it happens on ALL airports that have dynamic lightning implemented.
Have you asked at Orbx support forum?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

No because i doubt ORBX will know the answer. Because again, it happens ON ALL AIRPORTS that have dyn lighting, not only orbx... maybe its worth a try but i think the developer of the sim should be able to answer this one better.

Alex W.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

We haven't seen these issues with dynamic lighting and other visual fx. Please keep us posted after hearing back from the add-on developers. If they are able to replicate any issues and need support with development they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:25 pm Please keep us posted after hearing back from the add-on developers. If they are able to replicate any issues and need support with development they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
I will, thanks for the offer Rob.

Ive read many things now too but i cant really make sense out of it too. And noone i know has it... Theres just one thing that i want to ask, ive read that there is some cfg value that sets the amount of dyn lights maximum. That is set to 250 if im not wrong? Can it have to do something with that? When are lights getting loaded so that value can get maxed out, only on low flightlevel or also whe i overfly airports on lets say FL320?

What happens for example if i start at LOWI, overfly 3 airports with dyn lights, have GSX running at departure etc. Could this value get maxed that way? Or will they get unloaded after the airport itself is out of view?

What happens if the value is over 250 at some point, are all other lights not loaded anymore?

Or where can i find info about how this is handled? It can be of technical nature.

Btw, im on hotfix 1.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Has Orbx given you a reply?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
vekant

Post by vekant »

hello, I have exactly the same problem but on LFPG of T2G.
I contacted them but T2G and the support is not compatible ...
GeForce GTX1080, Intel Core i7-8700K 4,7GHz, 32GO RAM, Win 10 64bits ,P3D V5.1 hf1
DoubleU

Post by DoubleU »

I'm experiencing this problem with T2G Munich (multiple times) and today at Aerosoft Heathrow. The only way to get the lights to work is to reboot the simulator.
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

First, sorry for not responding long time. I forgot about it basically.

Before i ask a addon dev i would like to really make sure if that problem is only that small scale as ppl think.
I say that because it turned out that from our community, where i watched screenshots and streams from, to biggest part have exactly this problem but they never noticed it. And i talk about like 10 ppl by now at least, who al have the very same (no dyn light on arrival on ANY airport, while having it on spawn).

And of course not everyone looks same to things as i do. So please, on the next arrival on a airport where you are sure you have dyn light, can you please doublecheck if the dynlight is there?

Like EDDM:

This time not my pic, i saw someone in discord posted it and asked him, so we saw that more than just me have this. And yes, he also just landed and has it activated and its there usually. ANd like also mentioned, this is only one of quite few ppl by now.

And this is how it should look like (and does look, right after spawn)

DoubleU

Post by DoubleU »

Any development on this issue? I can be subjective, but where this seemed to happen incidentally at first, it now happens to every single airport with dynamic lights. I'm not feeling like doing a complete clean reinstall of P3D unless that is a sure way to get rid of this.

Wouter

GTX1070 (388.00)
gianluk81

Post by gianluk81 »

Confirm this issue...
Now landing at ELLX by Justsim (with last regular version for p3d 4.1) from EGLC with Dash8q400...and dynamic lights are off :(
But...i have this issue in other scenery.
Any idea?
gianluk81

Post by gianluk81 »

...and today i have same issue at LOWS. Depart from LOWW and at LOWS dynlight don't works.
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Interesting thread. I already observed some irregularities with DL also simply by changing settings. If I for example adjust my AA settings ingame on the fly, sometimes DL gets deactivated. Only a restart of P3D then helps...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home