[RESOLVED] All road traffic disappeared

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
OldBob

[RESOLVED] All road traffic disappeared

Post by OldBob »

Oddly over the past couple of days all of my road traffic disappeared. I've actually gone searching for any signs of automobiles anywhere and can't find any even though I have the slider at 80%. Any ideas?

Thanks,
OldBob
OldBob
I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.

i7 8700k 5.0 gHz
32 gb RAM
nVidia RTX 2070
robpol471

Re: All road traffic disappeared

Post by robpol471 »

Hi OldBob,

As I wrote in your previous topic, if you do not have ORBX FTX VECTOR you have tried installing the program free
"Rex road highway texture" available on the net? This program modifies the textures of roads highways and asks for installation if you want traffic on these roads. Also check the presence in C:\User\User\AppData\Roaming\Lochkeed Martin\ Prepa3d v4\ LWcfg.xml files that contain all cars modelID.
OldBob

Re: All road traffic disappeared

Post by OldBob »

Perfect! I really appreciate the information. Yes...when I asked before about road traffic I HAD some road traffic but not a whole lot. Now...even that is gone. I will follow your suggestion and check the XML file. Also...I didn't know about "Rex road highway texture". I will indeed grab it and give it a try.

Thanks again, I truly appreciate your advice,
OldBob

i7 8700k 5.0 gHz
32 gb RAM
nVidia RTX 2070
OldBob

Re: All road traffic disappeared P3Dv4

Post by OldBob »

Ok...my problem is now resolved. I indeed lost all of my road traffic a few weeks after installation of v4. I tried every free suggestion and nothing worked. I had the proper cfg and xml files, tried installing free road texture files but nothing brought back the road traffic. I decided to either buy the Orbx Base or the UTX v2 and ended up buying UTX. THAT brought back the road traffic (besides making it look better). I'm very happy to have my road traffic back!!
OldBob

i7 8700k 5.0 gHz
32 gb RAM
nVidia RTX 2070