VR Virtual Cockpit Viewpoint Positioning P3DV4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Salvap

VR Virtual Cockpit Viewpoint Positioning P3DV4

Post by Salvap »

In P3DV4, when switching from standard 2D virtual cockpit to VR virtual cockpit the position of the view is dependent on the position of the HMD (Oculus Rift) at that moment relative to the sensor. If my HMD is placed on the table near the monitor/sensor, away to the side, the VR view point I get on wearing the HMD is often too high or far to the side. I have discovered that I can resolve this by placing the HMD as close as possible to the 'in-use' position with one hand while simultaneously clicking the view change to VR in the pull down menu. I then wear the HMD in the normal way and viewpoint is more or less correct. Problem is I have to do this every time you are launching into a flight. Is there a way to reset the viewpoint to correct flight position via a key function?
My hardware setup is Win10 64Bit, 4.6 Ghz, 32GB, 2x Nvidia GTX1080 Ti in SLI. Overall performance of V4 is outstanding on my rig with 100 fps plus in 2D and flawless VR performance. V4 is great improvement.
aeronauta

Re: VR Virtual Cockpit Viewpoint Positioning P3DV4

Post by aeronauta »

In menu>add ons>VR headset > recalibrate origin...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Salvap

Post by Salvap »

Thanks for response. I am unable to determine which menu in which application you refer to?
BG2518

Post by BG2518 »

?? - the menu system in P3D v4 is what he is referring to which is where you'll find addons and the sub section you need