Prepar3D v4 is not starting (due to sound cards)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Adamcox

Re: P3D V4 is not starting (possibly due to USB controllers/joysticks/keyboards or sound cards)

Post by Adamcox »

Hi i have internal sound card Realtek ALC887 and this card makes problems. When i dissable this card P3D works but without sound, when card is enabled P3D not work
deadzone

Re: P3D V4 is not starting (possibly due to USB controllers/joysticks/keyboards or sound cards)

Post by deadzone »

Clifton Crane wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 6:21 pm Hello,

For those experiencing the crash in api.dll, if you have not already, please try the following:

1. Remove all add-ons.
2. Delete all generated files in the following locations:
  • C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
3. Run P3D as an administrator.
Thx but this don't résolve the audio problem for me :(
cubcake35

Post by cubcake35 »

Same here still have the audio problem need to diable the sound card in order to make the sim work
zepplin139

Post by zepplin139 »

I have a focusrite 6i6 as my sound driver. It is an external soundcard. All other devices are disabled.
jayren

Post by jayren »

For those experiencing the crash in api.dll, if you have not already, please try the following:

1. Remove all add-ons.
Still does not work for me....Driving me nuts.
Any extra information do you need? Please let me know.
cubcake35

Post by cubcake35 »

1. Remove all add-ons.
what do I need to remove the hall p3d v4 file?
Oahmed

Post by Oahmed »

I was able to get it to work. I had to disable my sound card otherwise it would show me the splash screen and then back to desktop.
I had already done the following.
Uninstalled Prepar3d v4 from my ssd drive and re installed on a non SSD drive.
Tried the [Control] EnableDirectInput=True
Deleted everything in
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
and ran as Administrator
Created a new windows account and tried to run from there.
Disabled all USB items except mouse.
None of the above worked so i disabled my sound card from the device manager and prepar3d started to work. No sound though.
I am using a Soundblaster ZxR DBPRO, driver version 6.0.102.50
I have built in Realtek soundcard on my motherboard. I decided to use that instead. Unfortunately same problem
Driver version for Realtek 6.0.1.8036
Lucky me, I also have speakers built into my monitor which work via the usb. So I decided to try them. No good, it failed on the nvidia built in speakers on my monitors.
Nvidia Audio driver version 1.3.34.26
With the exception of Nvidia, I did go on the other two websites and get the latest drivers but nothing changed.
So I can run Prepar3d v4 but with no sound :( If I enable any sound device via device manager, prepar3d fails. If I disable them all, it runs fine.
I am using Windows 10 X64 with 32 GB Ram. I am running a Nvidia GTX 1070 with the latest drivers.
zepplin139

Prepar3D v4 is not starting (due to sound cards)

Post by zepplin139 »

Oahmed wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:21 am I was able to get it to work. I had to disable my sound card otherwise it would show me the splash screen and then back to desktop.
I had already done the following.
Uninstalled Prepar3d v4 from my ssd drive and re installed on a non SSD drive.
Tried the [Control] EnableDirectInput=True
Deleted everything in
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
and ran as Administrator
Created a new windows account and tried to run from there.
Disabled all USB items except mouse.
None of the above worked so i disabled my sound card from the device manager and prepar3d started to work. No sound though.
I am using a Soundblaster ZxR DBPRO, driver version 6.0.102.50
I have built in Realtek soundcard on my motherboard. I decided to use that instead. Unfortunately same problem
Driver version for Realtek 6.0.1.8036
Lucky me, I also have speakers built into my monitor which work via the usb. So I decided to try them. No good, it failed on the nvidia built in speakers on my monitors.
Nvidia Audio driver version 1.3.34.26
With the exception of Nvidia, I did go on the other two websites and get the latest drivers but nothing changed.
So I can run Prepar3d v4 but with no sound :( If I enable any sound device via device manager, prepar3d fails. If I disable them all, it runs fine.
I am using Windows 10 X64 with 32 GB Ram. I am running a Nvidia GTX 1070 with the latest drivers.
yup same here but with my focusrite 6i6. a bit frustrating. Hopefully, there is an easy fix soon.
johnnywutw

Re: P3D V4 is not starting (possibly due to USB controllers/joysticks/keyboards)

Post by johnnywutw »

jayren wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 5:00 pm
johnnywutw wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 2:39 pm
jayren wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 2:08 am

Ok, a correction. Right click is not disabled, it is just my plane is crashed and the sim keep loading the same scenario. I managed to pause the game and try to change to an airport. But once the scenario menu appears, game crashes.
I got same problem
I'm using Windows 10. Just disabled all sound cards and reinstalled P3D Client. Same issue remains.
I remember first time loading Chaseplane, it says not compatible with P3D V4 and detecting a faulty module, then I closed it. Then this problem occured.
I change windows 10 non-Unicode programs language to english(american) is solver problem
Last edited by johnnywutw on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

johnnywutw,

Can you clarify what changing the non-Unicode language fixed? Was this related to Chaseplane being installed or were you unable to run Prepar3D with a different default language before installing any add-ons?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
jonesrob

Post by jonesrob »

Like others, P3D will only load with sound disabled - not just unplugged, but disabled.
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

All,

We continue to investigate, but can those having issues with sound cards attempt this as a test?
As a temporary workaround, please attempt setting the language to English.

To change the system locale:

Control Panel -> Region -> Administrative -> Language for non-Unicode programs
Set to English (United States)

Finally, run the Delete Generated Files task from inside the Prepar3D installation directory.

Team is still working a long-term fix and will provide updates as soon as possible.

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
jonesrob

Post by jonesrob »

Mine was set to United Kingdom; changed to American, then back to UK, but no-go in both cases I'm afraid.
svencorell

Post by svencorell »

Same here - switched from German to English without any differences - still closing down after inital splash screen with activated Soundblaster Z sound device.
thijnsmits

Post by thijnsmits »

Hi everyone!

I have tried EVERYTHING and it still doesn't launch.... :(

I have no clue why, maybe p3d just isn't for me :(((