[RESOLVED] P3D v3.4.22 loads scenario, does not appear in taskbar

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ZKaviator

[RESOLVED] P3D v3.4.22 loads scenario, does not appear in taskbar

Post by ZKaviator »

Hey guys,

I have been having a issue for weeks where P3D will start up as normal, then moments later, it loads terrain data, autogen scenery and AI traffic then disappears off the taskbar and only appears in the Task Manager as running and the only option is to close it by ending the process.

I tried these options:

Uninstalling some addons like SODE, AS2016, Aerosoft A320, Majestic Dash 8, GSX etc.
Deleting the Prepar3D.cfg file
Repairing Prepar3D v3.4.22
Deleting Appdata/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v3 and ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v3 folders.
Uninstalling and reinstalling P3D, backing up remaining addons in a separate folder

All these options didn't work.

PC specs:
Windows 10
Intel i7-4790k @ 4.0 GHz overclocked 4.5 GHz with liquid cooling
16GB RAM
Nvidea GTX 980 4GB
2TB HDD

Any solutions? It will be highly appreciated, plus I don't want to do a full OS reinstall because all apps and data would be wiped out.
ahuimanu

Re: P3D v3.4.22 loads scenario, does not appear in taskbar

Post by ahuimanu »

I had that problem after using SimStarter NG.

I think I had to delete the default flight from this location: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Which is described here: http://www.prepar3d.com/Prepar3D_Downlo ... ons_v3.pdf

I also had to check that the "SITUATION" settting in the "USERINTERFACE] section of the prepar3ed.cfg file pointed to the default flight. Sim starter puts its own start flight there.

Lastly, I put a link to the default .fxml file on my desktop and click that when I want to go to "normal" P3D and not be interrupted by Sim Starter NG.

I realize my answers are specific to Sim Starter NG, but that default flight is important.

Doing those things put me back to having the F-22 at Eglin.
ZKaviator

Post by ZKaviator »

I don't have a default flight .fxml file sadly, and I don't have SimStarter NG so unfortunately it's mostly irrelevant.

Would try making a default flight .fxml and then linking it to the Prepar3D.cfg.

I did some searching and found the Prepar3D.cfg was incomplete.
ZKaviator

Post by ZKaviator »

Well, unfortunately it was a complete .cfg straight from install etc and this problem still persists. Many people are having the same issue and yet no solution?

Oh and another note: Tried everything in the Troubleshooting tips and it didn't work.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

ZKaviator wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:19 am Well, unfortunately it was a complete .cfg straight from install etc and this problem still persists. Many people are having the same issue and yet no solution?

Oh and another note: Tried everything in the Troubleshooting tips and it didn't work.

Try the debugging steps:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
ZKaviator

Post by ZKaviator »

Martyson wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:20 am
ZKaviator wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:19 am Well, unfortunately it was a complete .cfg straight from install etc and this problem still persists. Many people are having the same issue and yet no solution?

Try the debugging steps:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

Tried all that, didn't work. I have already mentioned I tried all that.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

ZKaviator wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:55 am Deleting Appdata/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v3 and ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v3 folders.
Uninstalling and reinstalling P3D, backing up remaining addons in a separate folder

Hello ZKaviator

Just to Confirm......

You have Uninstalled Prepar3D v3 Including deleting the folders outlined in the below link. You reinstalled Prepar3D again and you are still having Issues. You have No Add On's currently Installed and Prepar3D still will not Launch Yes ?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=120686

You have tried all the additional steps in the link Vaughan posted ?

=================

Can you check here..........

Did you add the Prepar3D.exe to the Exclusions Zone of your Antivirus Software ?

You have the 3 Prepar3D v3 Entries in your Control Panel Yes ? Client Content and Scenery

You can see all 17 Default Yellow folders in your Core Prepar3D v3 folder ?

--------------

Try these........

1) Plug out all UBS Devices and extra Monitors (except keyboard and mouse) Launch Prepar3D and test, Maybe you have a bad driver

2) Disable any System\Graphics monitoring programs running in the background through your Task Manager, Launch Prepar3D and test

3) Create another Windows 10 User account Launch Prepar3D and test, Maybe your current User account is Corrupt
ZKaviator

Post by ZKaviator »

Hey Poppet, sorry for the very late response,

I have uninstalled P3D but deleted only the Appdata and ProgramData files, but not the Prepar3D v3 folder due to addons and I had moved the folder to a different location.

Prepar3D is not in my exclusion list on my antivirus software, and yes I have Client, Content and Scenery showing in the Control Panel once I reinstalled and I can see the core folders as being present. Weird enough a folder called Prepar3D v3 Addons shows up out of nowhere.

I have unplugged my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick before and that didn't work. I only have 1 monitor on my system.

I doubt it would be graphics because I am using a Nvidia driver and there are no additional graphics monitoring programs installed apart from the programs by Nvidia.

Probably it leads to the only possibility that my user profile does not have sufficient security permissions despite I am a administrator on the PC. There are 2 user profiles which myself and my brother use. Both of them are administrator accounts. So probs this is a integration problem between P3D and Windows 10.

Currently on holiday right now, will let you know of any progress.
ZKaviator

Post by ZKaviator »

Hey guys, I have fixed it. I had to create a new Windows 10 admin profile. Once created, bang P3D works well and starts up the way it should have been.

For those experiencing similar problems, it is definitely the fact that there is something wrong with your user profile and it had become corrupt. Fix: Create a new Windows 10 profile. (NOTE: You will need to move some personal files onto the new account.) Make sure it's a admin account, not a standard account.

Cheers for the help guys