Rebuild P3d.cfg

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ASC_AirLimo

Rebuild P3d.cfg

Post by ASC_AirLimo »

Everytime I install a new add-on P3D will boot, do a quick load that doesn't finish then disappear. If I try and restart P3D, I get a message stating that P3D is already running, but it is not listed in Task Manager. I then have to reboot and then delete the P3D.cfg file and let it rebuild each time. This morning I got this same scenario, but I did not add anything new last night or today. I read this is happening because of a corrupt P3D.cfg file. Why is my cfg file getting corrupt so often?
bobsk8

Re: Rebuild P3d.cfg

Post by bobsk8 »

What version are you running?
ASC_AirLimo

Post by ASC_AirLimo »

Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

It's most likely the result of an add-on or background process running. Try uninstalling your add-ons and reinstalling them one-at-a-time.

- Mike
ASC_AirLimo

Post by ASC_AirLimo »

I did this and after each add-on I've had to rebuild the p3D.cfg file.
Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

When you uninstalled your add-ons, did you check with the vanilla Prepar3D? If it was still requiring a refresh, then try reinstalling the client and content components.

- Mike
ASC_AirLimo

Post by ASC_AirLimo »

I reformatted and installed everything fresh.
Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

If you're still experiencing the issue with a complete reinstall and no add-ons, then we're getting different results. Could you please post your OS and system specs?

- Mike
MHargrove

Post by MHargrove »

Note also that OTHER P3D configuration files besides prepar3d.conf can cause this behavior.

For example, if you've got a reference in your panels.cfg file to an add-on (like a third-party GPS receiver from Mindstar or Flight1) that you've uninstalled, you will see this very same kind of crashing behavior.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
ASC_AirLimo

Post by ASC_AirLimo »

I haven't uninstalled anything yet.

Windows 7 Home SP1 all updated.
64-bit
Quad Core Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz
NVIDEA GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming
8GB Ram

Not sure what more you need. I know how to use a computer, but I'm not that good inside the computer. When I do a reformat I follow NickN's guide for what I think is needed for me.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx ... 46211.html

3rd party:
UTX
Orbx Global
REX4
Active Sky Next
PMDG 737- 8/900 and 6/700
Eaglesoft Citation X v2

Some airport scenery's from
FlyTampa
FlightBeam

Everything listed installed without any issues. After install I start P3D so the add on loads completely, start the default flight, then reboot. When I would run P3D again is when I would get this CTD.
ASC_AirLimo

Post by ASC_AirLimo »

Hello?