3.2 crash

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
sl1m84

3.2 crash

Post by sl1m84 »

Hi.

Have a crash issue after updateing to 3.2.

P3D loads the menu bar OK. After selecting location and aircraft, P3D crashes just when its about to load scenery. The loading bar appears, but its just blank for a few secounds before p3d crashes to desktop. In about 10 attempts to start the application, it actually loaded fine 2 times. One time at default location and one time at an addon scenery. Both times was with default F35 aircraft.

Have tried repair, uninstall/reinstall like 3 times, deleting scenery cfg and LM folder in %localappdata%. I also tried to delete ViMaCoreX.dll.

Win 10
i7 2600k
Sabertooth p67 MB
8GB 1333MHZ RAM

P3D is installed on RAID1 250GB Samsung SSD V-Nand. (E:\P3D)

I`m reading that some also have the same problems, and some dont. The wierd thing is that it did work fine 2 of 10 times. After exiting P3D after a successfull loading and starting it again, the issue came back.

After installing back 3.1, all is working fine again.

What to do? :\
AndreK

Re: 3.2 crash

Post by AndreK »

i have the same problems... if i re install client 3.2 then working once... if I ending P3d and start the simulator few times later, crash p3d on the desktop...

Help....

Greets
NZ255

Post by NZ255 »

Exact same problem. Following

Edit: It was one of my exe or dll. I disabled all the Launch.Addons in the exe.xml and dll.xml file located here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

I'll try to figure out with one it was later after making sure they're all updated
sl1m84

Post by sl1m84 »

Well. After 4 hours scratching all off my hair off, I raged a little and viped the drive containing P3D. Sent another 4 hours more installing 3.2 back from scratch. All is working fine again with all the same addons I had in the first place.

Obviously uninstalling 3.1 and installing 3.2 has a bug. I`m guessing it will only affect the lucky ones who has the unknown addon already installed that causes it.
Fervex

Post by Fervex »

I got same errors:
- Upgrade didn't succeed, choose to reinstall everything from scratch
- Standalone work nice but after 3 or 4 restart, crash after the main menu
- If any addon are installed through scenery Library menu, crash at next restart

I choose to go back to 3.1 because, each update from LM need to wait a month at least :(
svenlan

Workaround in DLL.XML

Post by svenlan »

I also got the crash immediately on loading a scenario. Upgraded client only, from 3.1. to 3.2

Found a workaround: It seems, as earlier noted, to be a problem loading some addon startups in the DLL.XML.
Found the culprit in my setup, it is the addon manager that comes with the FSDT airports.

So I disabled this part in DLL.XML:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Addon Manager</Name>
<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Loads fine and 3.2 works as far as I can tell.
Big drawback of course, the FSDT stuff does not load.
Maybe something for their support to look at?

I'll probably revert back to 3.1 until addon manager works. I got most FSDT airports and need them to work properly.

Edit: Haven't tried reinstalling FSDT addon manager yet, maybe there is an update for it on FSDT.
svenlan

Solved by installing latest addon mananger from FSDT

Post by svenlan »

continued from my previous post:

For me the issues now is resolved, simply by downloading and installing the latest standalone addon manager from FS dreamteam. Looks like I hadn't updated from there for a while.
No need to fiddle with dll.xml or anything else, just run their installer.

Case closed, at least for my setup.
I hope this helps you guys aswell!

regards
Sven
hardmanrb

Post by hardmanrb »

bglmanx.dll was my culprit also.
Semper Fi
Rick
Fervex

Post by Fervex »

Thanks a lot SVENLAN, it was my trouble too.
EXE.xml, DLL.xml were cleaned from Couatl (GSX) entries and its Works !!
SOLVED fro me
Hanse

Post by Hanse »

The reason seems to be that the dl..xml file from the APP-Data folder is not copied during de-installation and re-installing CLIENT as well as CONTENT into the ProgramData folder. One user from the GSX-Forum fould the solution: Copy the dll.xml from : C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 "dll.xml" to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 "dll.xml" – This proposal at least solved my problems with crashes after loading plane, scenery and time and now I am able to use GSX again......

Regards,
Hanse
bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 »

Why not just update the add on manager.
Hanse

Post by Hanse »

Because the Addon-Manager just updates the file dll.xml in C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 "but not in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 - and this seems to be folder P3D V3.2 uses.

Regards,
Hanse