I've lost all my mid/low level clouds!

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Adam_NZ

I've lost all my mid/low level clouds!

Post by Adam_NZ »

I updated to 3.2.2 - updating client, content and scenery - and appear to have lost my mid/low-level clouds completely.

I've tried recreating my textures with REX TextureDirect and also FEX. Everything else changes (water, cirrus etc.) but still no low clouds. I have cumulus01.bmp and cumulus02.bmp in the textures folder - and cumulus01.bmp gets updated OK each time I re-run REX or FEX.

This is independent of any weather generator I use - enabled or disabled (using a weather theme to test).

Help!!!
tymk

Re: I've lost all my mid/low level clouds!

Post by tymk »

Hi Adam,

No issues with clouds here, but I only updated the client. One thing that's easy to miss: have you deleted your shader folder and let P3D rebuild it?

Tym
Chris0007

Post by Chris0007 »

I am having the same problem, I've lost my mid/low level clouds, I only installed the 3.2 Client and I also use REX textures/softclouds.
-Chris
pablo636

Post by pablo636 »

Hello all,
same problem here, installed client and content as per istructions and level clouds are disappeared!
hawkhero

Post by hawkhero »

Happen to me when I deleted my shader folder. Lost my low level clouds. Reinstalled the old shader files and got my clouds back!
Adam_NZ

Post by Adam_NZ »

In all my experiments/tests, I always deleted the shaders *cache* files - and P3Dv3 rebuilds them again with time. No problem there.

@hawkhero .. when you say you reinstalled your "old" shader folder, do you mean the appdata\local one (cache) or "Shaders" or ShadersHLSL in P3Dv3 root?

Adam.
pablo636

Post by pablo636 »

Reinstalling the content again I have my clouds back.
I'm interested in what shaders folder you mean.
Adam_NZ

Post by Adam_NZ »

Pablo has a clue, I think:
http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/fo ... ent-268736

Everything appears to be fine until you run REX (REX/TextureDirect+Soft Clouds in my case). I installed cloud, sky and water textures in FEX and all worked OK. The moment I launched REX just to add some airport textures (only), I lost my clouds again. This is with the latest REX SP6.

Adam.
hawkhero

Post by hawkhero »

Adam_NZ wrote:In all my experiments/tests, I always deleted the shaders *cache* files - and P3Dv3 rebuilds them again with time. No problem there.

@hawkhero .. when you say you reinstalled your "old" shader folder, do you mean the appdata\local one (cache) or "Shaders" or ShadersHLSL in P3Dv3 root?

Adam.
I deleted the app/data local one. I reinstalled the shaders files that were in the folder. Just removed the rebuilt shaders files to a temp folder and restored the original ones from the recycle bin.
Adam_NZ

Post by Adam_NZ »

hawkhero wrote:I deleted the app/data local one. I reinstalled the shaders files that were in the folder. Just removed the rebuilt shaders files to a temp folder and restored the original ones from the recycle bin.
That makes sense - it's just stored the pre-3.2.2 shaders. That'll work for a while at least!

The good news is that REX have acknowledged the problem and are actively working on a fix :-)

Adam.