P3D v3.1 before end of this month

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Saldo

P3D v3.1 before end of this month

Post by Saldo »

kimdahl

Re: P3D v3.1 before end of this month

Post by kimdahl »

Does that mean that I will have to pay the full price again, or is it just a minor service pack?

Best regards
Kim Dahl
Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

All of the "point releases" are free for those who have purchased that version. In this case, if you own v3, you will be able to download the v3.1 update for free.
kimdahl

Post by kimdahl »

Hi Mike

Thank you for that clear answer :.)

/Kim
edpatino

Post by edpatino »

Hi, will it be a patch or a boring complete install?.
Edward
Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

When you downloaded the v3 files, you may have noticed that there were three different installers along with the setup.exe: Client, Content, and Scenery. You can uninstall these parts of Prepar3D separately through the control panel and only update the sections that you choose. If we release an update that only changes content in some of the areas, you will only need to uninstall those parts and not all of them. (Ex: If we make a change to the client, you only have to uninstall the client portion and then install the new client, not all of Prepar3D.)

You can, as always, also uninstall Prepar3D completely and reinstall the updated version.
edpatino

Post by edpatino »

Mike Young wrote:When you downloaded the v3 files, you may have noticed that there were three different installers along with the setup.exe: Client, Content, and Scenery. You can uninstall these parts of Prepar3D separately through the control panel and only update the sections that you choose. If we release an update that only changes content in some of the areas, you will only need to uninstall those parts and not all of them. (Ex: If we make a change to the client, you only have to uninstall the client portion and then install the new client, not all of Prepar3D.)

You can, as always, also uninstall Prepar3D completely and reinstall the updated version.
Ok, did notice that when I've downloaded the v3 files, as you say. The question is if by re-installing for example, the client portion, all my addon scenery and aircraft could remain installed and working right, without the need for re-installing part or all of them?.
Edward
jgoggi

Post by jgoggi »

edpatino wrote: The question is if by re-installing for example, the client portion, all my addon scenery and aircraft could remain installed and working right, without the need for re-installing part or all of them?.
Edward
I was asking myself the same question. I really hope not, having to reinstall addons at each update would be a complete nonsense...
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

I am just gonna wait till the upgrade is out to install everything. Right now I have everything uninstalled anyway. Orbx products do not follow the new p3dv3 file structure; and b/c of that I want to see how the new upgrade process will be. If it is just adding bunch of files then that would be easy. I can easily wait few days as I am already busy with holiday shopping and events.

Thank you LM team for the 3.1 patches
sisoffi

Post by sisoffi »

can you please release also retro-compatibility lights for most of old airports runway lights and aircraft lights (i use maddog from leonardo and no ground lights illuminate ground since p3d 2.3) many thanks!!!
Jaskan

Post by Jaskan »

LM please one of the most important features sort by users now is update in place installer.
We don't mind to wait even monhts for your release, as long as it does not mean I have to reinstall p3d.

installed p3dv3 months ago, and still setting up my addons, totally impractical to have to unsintall anything to update.

just incase LM is not aware, For many or most p3d is a small part cause we have mountain of addons we put ontop, which is very time consuming to reinstall.

We can manage VAS as is for now without it being 64bit, but please no reinstall, but instead the more professional modern day update in place.
Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

edpatino wrote:Ok, did notice that when I've downloaded the v3 files, as you say. The question is if by re-installing for example, the client portion, all my addon scenery and aircraft could remain installed and working right, without the need for re-installing part or all of them?
Most updates will be just the client portion, which should not require a reinstall of add-ons. If an add-on has changed the files that will be updated, then the update will overwrite the modified files and you will need to reinstall the add-on. Scenery/aircraft add-ons should not be changing the files in the client updates.
jgoggi

Post by jgoggi »

Mike Young wrote: If an add-on has changed the files that will be updated, then the update will overwrite the modified files and you will need to reinstall the add-on. Scenery/aircraft add-ons should not be changing the files in the client updates.
Generally an addon scenery could change the terrain files contained in the Scenery folder. WIll it be possible to know which files (in that folder or in other folders) will be updated? Thanks.
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

Any clues for the release. Is the 3.1 release still stated for Dec?
Ifikratis

Post by Ifikratis »

Any indications of release would help lot of people. I'm on the fence to install V3 or wait for 3.1 in the fear that some add-ons will not work or break something. Before end of this month goes from 1 week before to 1 day :)