[P3Dv3] Problem with saved flights

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
capt_pero

[P3Dv3] Problem with saved flights

Post by capt_pero »

I found out that some planes can't be loaded "as default flight" within P3Dv3. If you are saving a flight with e.g. A2A C182 (latest updates) at set this flight "as default flight" the sim creates Microsoft Windows error events at the application eventlog. See (sorry german):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ws15i9iu1kw7 ... pNAqa?dl=0

In addition the loading time of the simulator (at the TERRAIN stage) seems to take longer as usual.

The problem always occurs if you set a saved flight as default flight with specific aircrafts. I tested with A2A C182 a friend of mine with other aircrafts.

To solve this issue you need to select a saved flight without a "problematic plane" (problematic because it causes the sim to crash).

Code: Select all

[USERINTERFACE]
SITUATION=D:\Daten\peter\Documents\Flight Simulator X-Dateien\Prepar3D v3 Files\myFlight
The crash seems to be independent from other other parameters like location, date/time, e.g.

Any ideas?

I am using:
Win10 64 bit
P3Dv3
capt_pero

Re: [P3Dv3] Problem with saved flights

Post by capt_pero »

Any news? The problem persists with P3Dv3.1.
At the moment it seems that you are not able to save flights with AddOn Aircrafts as Default Flight an reload them. It worked with P3Dv2.x

Any ideas?
Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

capt_pero wrote:The problem always occurs if you set a saved flight as default flight with specific aircrafts. I tested with A2A C182 a friend of mine with other aircrafts.
Which aircraft did your friend test with? Were any of them default?
Guenseli

Post by Guenseli »

Thanks for answering.

As stated above, A2A and also PMDG is affected. As example. Don't know currently others.
Aviator1979

Post by Aviator1979 »

Known bug thats why i updated to 3.1 , if i knew it was not fixed i did not get the update.
It worked until v3
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

Here is a quick workaround.

I was having problems when my default file loaded with a A2A C182. When the default file loaded none of the radio guagues worked.

Work around was to enable Scenario loading. When the default loads up with Scenerio option. Just click ok or do any adjustments if you need to.

And when it boots up to the flight, all my issues were resolved.

It just adds a very minor extra stuff but it does work so far for me
MyPC8MyBrain

Post by MyPC8MyBrain »

oddly enough i found out that flights saved in 3.1 cannot be read by 3.0!
i know its not the same issue; rather suggest a related format change that may needs looking at,
Chris Bell
Creative Design Studios

Support forums: https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/
Tremor

Post by Tremor »

I also have the problem that my radios don't work in my A2A Cherokee when saved as default flight (v3.1). When i then look in the P3D settings under failures, a lot of radio failures are ticked and so i have to untick them each time for the radios to work.