[RESOLVED] Joysticks and Yokes problems in V3.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
adler58

Re: Joysticks and Yokes problems in V3.

Post by adler58 »

Prepar3D V3 has an issue (erratic throttle) with the old but very good joystick Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, still used by many people because of its thoughness, precision and sentivity.

It is to be underlined that the MS FF2 joystick worked perfectly on the former Prepar3D V2 version, so the issue comes from something that has been changed and -I hope- could be fixed reversing the change ;)

There is a specific thread for such issue:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=113917
phastings

Post by phastings »

xmoex wrote:I also have this problem after migrating from v2.5 to v3. I'm using an older Saitek Cyborg 3D Usb wich worked perfectly in v2.5 and still does in FSX

My System:
Saitek Cyborg 3D Usb Joystick, fully calibrated via Windows Usb Controller Dialog
Win 7 Prof. 64bit
This is what we have in common - as well as v3!

I posted in this thread a few days ago and then emailed LM. I was first told that the forums were the preferred route for technical questions, but I replied saying that I hadn't seen many contributions from LM technical staff in the forums about controller problems since v3 was launched.

This is what I got back (I hope there's no problem in posting this):

One of the biggest issues we've had since the launch of v3 is controller
compatibility issues. We're sorry that no one responded to your post,
but we are looking into it. If you do find a solution, please post it on
the forums so that we can see it, as well as the rest of the community.

I can see that FSUIPC will probably fix it, but that's an extra cost and is only bypassing the issue in v3.
xmoex

Post by xmoex »

FSUIPC works for now and I might as well stick to that after all. But the fact that I had to buy a 3rd party software (wich is a pretty awesome tool nontheless!) to get v3 going is annoying...
Roma

Post by Roma »

My Helikt is working very well now, but I had bought FSUIPC to make that.
JACN

Post by JACN »

Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner (FF) here and FSUIPC did not solve my problem :(

FSUIPC *at least* allowed the throttle and rudder inputs be read but both signals result extremelly noisy in the sim (FSUIPC filtering does not help) being the aircraft uncontrollable and completely un-flyable.

It is a shame that 15 days after having spent 60$ on a new Prepar3D... patch, it STILL remains totally unplayable for a big portion of (frustrated and quite unsatisfied) customers who, 110% surely, will think more than twice to buy a new LM release in the next...two years?.

As someone mentioned in a previous post, it is UNBELIEVABLE that LM released this s***ware in such totally untested conditions. Guys, are you using civil market or just actual F-35 control hardware for testing your software???!!!...

As customer -and being absolutely honest- my trust on LM has been completely anhililated after this. :(

Álvaro
Christopher Low

Post by Christopher Low »

It looks like I will be spending another weekend on the ground :(
ummagumma

Post by ummagumma »

Hey guys,

I can for sure confirm this is sth inside the LM software what makes the problem.

I worked in Logitech several years as support engineer for gaming devices I have seen many things related to joystick, pads etc.
I've been using G940 Logitech Flight System and it has worked perfectly with FSX and up to P3d v.2.5

This time I'm unable to use my throttle even setting it up on sensitivity 127 and Null Zone on 1
The throttle range is like 70% only now but it works just fine in ver 2.5

I never used FSUIPC and I was always calibrating this from the control panel ML itself.

I just double checked and make sure that all my devices are properly calibrated etc. Joystick, pedals seem to work ok but Throttle definitely not and it should be re-checked by LM.

Now I'm literally grounded ...hope LM won't let us down.

jx
john001

Post by john001 »

Well nearly 25 days and no solution to having no throttle let alone a reply.
Instead had a post removed.
Glad I only spent 59 dollars.
Have uninstalled for moment and reinstall fsx.
Yes I feel let down.
If I buy a product and it has a problem I don't haggle about refunds just some communication would be sufficient.
Instead a load of top secret silence
ummagumma

Post by ummagumma »

I don't really understand what is the problem re-write a couple line of code and leave the option as it was in previous versions ?
Dear ML is that really difficult to do it ? It won't affect the physic of the flight at all so why you can't just do it and let ppl enjoy the product like it used to be. I know as a corporation you can't say we won't do it but at least you could say that you are not planing to change it near future.

I have to go back to version 2.5 ...stupid me did not research before re-installing all P3D just have a new one...
ummagumma

Post by ummagumma »

AN UPDATE:
I have just ran P3D v3 once again and took FA35A Lighting II. I moved the throttle UP and DOWN full. Pressed F1 then pressed F2 to see in the range from keyboard cover entire throttle's WAY and when I switch the jet MIRACULOUSLY Throttle works fine. I cannot understand it. AXIS assignments in FCUIP are switched off.
I don't know and how I manage it but it is very strange anyway. Going to make some more tests and I will share it if I found something useful.

I spent again couple of hours figuring out what going on even using FCUIP but almost without any progress with issue.
in fact now the throttle operates in 100% but it still behaves strange. What I can see, when we take for example the Airbus X, the problem comes on the YELLOW marked area only. There still is a problem with RED area in the lower part just on the border with reverse thrust.
The same things happens with default jets. The throttle works quite fine in the RED area but jumps up/down (goes crazy) inside YELLOW area.

With HELP of the FCUIP (picture below) I manage to resolve the problem with the range - more less (without FCUIP I had like about 80-85% of the range only). Now I have like strange 100%. I say strange as when I push my G940 throttle MAX UP - the graphic one goes to TO GA and automatically jumps back to FLX MCT (I used this measures for example - the same jumps happen to default jets throttles). The same happens at the bottom of RED marked area (a yellow arrow). When I pushed physical throttle max down - the graphic one goes down and automatically jumps back to more-less YELLOW marked area. If I push my physical throttle very delicate it work OK too in RED-marked I can see like kind of jumps Up and Down - when I get closer to YELLOW marked area . I repeat it once again THIS IS NOT IS PRESENT WITH FSX and any of previous version of Prepar3D. At some certain point I started to think that maybe it is a problem with ADD-ON like AIRBUS X but it is not a case I would say since throttle behaves the same with P3D default jets.( in my test during the night I uninstalled v.3 and installed back v.2.5 and it works as it should.)

This NEVER happened before in previous P3D versions. I have been working with FSX simulator since 2002, with P3D since 2012 if I'm not wrong and since beginning of Logitech G940 Flight System and other Logitech joysticks and I went through million scenarios making support for all customers in Europe and not only. I did not need to use FCUIP at all. Throttle worked perfectly after simple windows calibration so I don't believe it is hardware issue. ML should fix it if they care about the clients.

FCUIP setting (this is only one thing I have set in order to get a let say "strange full range" throttle. Any other setting did not work at all. This was the best what I was able to set.

If someone has any better suggestion I'd really appreciate that.
Christopher Low

Post by Christopher Low »

Well, something rather strange has happened with my controller issues in P3D v3. I have been grounded ever since I installed the new version because all of my aircraft were pulling severely to the right. However, I recently noticed that adding the 4.947c update to FSUIPC 4.947 resulted in the same "rudder hard over to the right" problem that I experienced in P3D v2.4 at one stage (until a fix was released). So, I removed FSUIPC completely......and noted that the controller calibration issue had significantly reduced. I could now get the PMDG 737NGX off the ground, with only a very slight turn to the left noticeable. Even this was corrected by recalibrating the joystick. I have since done more tests, and the plane seems to be taking off and climbing out on a steady bearing.

What puzzles me here is that resetting the wind speed to zero has cured the problem with the default GA planes, but this was not the case prior to my recent tests (and also when using P3D v2.4).

I still think that there are some residual issues though. The PMDG 737NGX feels a bit "lighter" on the controls, and the throttle now seems to be more sensitive at very low power settings (which makes keeping the aircraft under control in taxi mode more difficult).

On a more positive note, my two test flights today have confirmed that VAS management has definitely been considerably improved, and strobe and navigation lights on my AI planes are now visible at distance. Finally, I can see other aircraft flying around in the sky!!
ummagumma

Post by ummagumma »

ummagumma wrote:AN UPDATE:
I have just ran P3D v3 once again and took FA35A Lighting II. I moved the throttle UP and DOWN full. Pressed F1 then pressed F2 to see in the range from keyboard cover entire throttle's WAY and when I switch the jet MIRACULOUSLY Throttle works fine. I cannot understand it. AXIS assignments in FCUIP are switched off.
I don't know and how I manage it but it is very strange anyway. Going to make some more tests and I will share it if I found something useful.

I spent again couple of hours figuring out what going on even using FCUIP but almost without any progress with issue.
in fact now the throttle operates in 100% but it still behaves strange. What I can see, when we take for example the Airbus X, the problem comes on the YELLOW marked area only. There still is a problem with RED area in the lower part just on the border with reverse thrust.
The same things happens with default jets. The throttle works quite fine in the RED area but jumps up/down (goes crazy) inside YELLOW area.

With HELP of the FCUIP (picture below) I manage to resolve the problem with the range - more less (without FCUIP I had like about 80-85% of the range only). Now I have like strange 100%. I say strange as when I push my G940 throttle MAX UP - the graphic one goes to TO GA and automatically jumps back to FLX MCT (I used this measures for example - the same jumps happen to default jets throttles). The same happens at the bottom of RED marked area (a yellow arrow). When I pushed physical throttle max down - the graphic one goes down and automatically jumps back to more-less YELLOW marked area. If I push my physical throttle very delicate it work OK too in RED-marked I can see like kind of jumps Up and Down - when I get closer to YELLOW marked area . I repeat it once again THIS IS NOT IS PRESENT WITH FSX and any of previous version of Prepar3D. At some certain point I started to think that maybe it is a problem with ADD-ON like AIRBUS X but it is not a case I would say since throttle behaves the same with P3D default jets.( in my test during the night I uninstalled v.3 and installed back v.2.5 and it works as it should.)

This NEVER happened before in previous P3D versions. I have been working with FSX simulator since 2002, with P3D since 2012 if I'm not wrong and since beginning of Logitech G940 Flight System and other Logitech joysticks and I went through million scenarios making support for all customers in Europe and not only. I did not need to use FCUIP at all. Throttle worked perfectly after simple windows calibration so I don't believe it is hardware issue. ML should fix it if they care about the clients.

FCUIP setting (this is only one thing I have set in order to get a let say "strange full range" throttle. Any other setting did not work at all. This was the best what I was able to set.

If someone has any better suggestion I'd really appreciate that.

Unfortunately issue comes back and not sure how to fix it and how I did this last time but sth should be changed in the game the way it was possible to do with previous P3D version :/
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

All,

Thank you for your reports. Clifton Crane has posted an update that this will be fixed in the next release.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 15#p121301

Expect v3.1 before the end of the year.

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
DylanM

Post by DylanM »

Fantastic news - thanks Adam.
Duxter

Post by Duxter »

Nice!!! fiouuuu good job I m bored with the keyboard!!! ;)