Cant uninstall V2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
rsvette12

Cant uninstall V2

Post by rsvette12 »

Tried various ways to do this but keep getting this message - how can I remove V2 - thanks

rsvette12

Re: Cant uninstall V2

Post by rsvette12 »

Well I uninstalled appears this fonts folder added into p3d folder is the problem even if you move it out of your p3d folder its still a problem you have to delete it for uninstaller to work - hope this helps someone else

By the way the addon that adds this folder is the F1 Kingair
rick66

Post by rick66 »

i`ve got the same problem also, tried to delete the folder in safe mode, using the folder write options for admin, nothing, says the fonts are in use elsewhere in W7.....

if anyone has some useful tips for killing the P3d folder i would be so great full
rsvette12

Post by rsvette12 »

Sure you have to dive into the folder and cut them out of the fonts folder then you can delete the folder - then you can delete the fonts from where you put them - I believe 2 would not delete do a reboot to get rid of those - thats it
vgbaron

Post by vgbaron »

Look for a program called Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Boot from CD in to a Linux shell - you can then delete the specified B200 font.

If you have any other program that will boot into a Linux shell and mount the drives, like HIRENS - that would work too.

Safe mode, attributes, taking ownership, a program called unlocker - none of them work. You need to boot outside of Windows or you will not be able to delete it.

Vic