[RESOLVED] AMD Driver reset with P3d V3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
JSamaniego

Re: AMD Driver reset with P3d V3

Post by JSamaniego »

ok, the posible solution for me:

***First Install Prepar3D V3 ***

1. Uninstall 2670838 (update for direct 11.1 for windows 7 64bits) Reboot
2. Uninstall all driver AMD and Reboot
3. Install AMD Catalyst Beta http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd-ca ... -oct12.exe
4. Install again 2670838 (it reinstall directx 11.1)
5. Open and close Prepar3D V3 (the first time it will create the APPDATa Folder, shader, etc, etc)
6. Add or Edit the Config en Prepar3D.CFG from AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

----------------------
[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1

[DISPLAY]
TextureMaxLoad=6

[MAIN]
AlwaysFullLoad=1
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

[TERRAIN]
SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30
UseGlobalTerrainView=True

---------------------

7. Edit The Particle file like this¨:

------------------

Replace Line (324 and 325)

uint emitterDrawArgCountLocation = (currentParticle.mDrawID * DRAW_ARGS_SIZE);
InterlockedAdd(emitterDrawArgs[emitterDrawArgCountLocation], 1, originalValue);

by it

if (emitterDrawArgCountLocation % DRAW_ARGS_SIZE != 0)
InterlockedAdd(emitterDrawArgs[emitterDrawArgCountLocation - 1], 1, originalValue);

Replace Line 336

aliveParticles[aliveIndex] = aliveInfo;

by it

aliveParticles[aliveIndex - 1] = aliveInfo;

--------------------

8. Install UIAutomationCore.dll in the Prepar3D V3 Main Folder from here http://fsxeu.com/uiautomationcore-dll/ and set ¨Total Control ¨ for all user

9. Delete Shaders Folder from AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
10. Open Prepar3D, for me it send the error again the first time after to do all this, delete folder Shader Again and not send error again, if you install PMDG, fsuipc or other addons, delete the Prepar3d.cfg and repeat the step 6.

11. Remember add the Prepar3d folder for exclusions in your antivirus.

-------
NOTES:

1. i can not change time and season in Prepar3D v3
2. The Startup Window, not close, i need first create a sceneary, save and load.
3. General Settings can not saved, i need to edit directly the prepar3d.cfg
Brainman

Post by Brainman »

Bobcat999 wrote:
Brainman wrote:Disabling shader don´t work with my system.
P3D v3 starts, after 20 sec. AMD driver resets.
(Without disabled shader AMD driver crashes completely)

i7-6700k / R9-Fury Tri-X (tested with actual driver) / W10
Have you tried a completely blank file? Don't delete it completely as P3D will complain, but an empty file works for some.
Obviously back up the file first.

An empty shaders file and a "dummy" particleCS.fx file and it runs on my system.
Thank you from germany for this high speed solution.
JSamaniego

Post by JSamaniego »

Saludos desde Panamá :)

Bobcat999

Post by Bobcat999 »

Very nice photos, and thanks for the new solution!

Do aircraft lights display properly with this solution ?
jorgemoyam

Post by jorgemoyam »

somebody tried the last amd 15.10 beta oct12??? it works ?
Bobcat999

Post by Bobcat999 »

jorgemoyam wrote:somebody tried the last amd 15.10 beta oct12??? it works ?
No, but there is no reason why it should. because the release notes for this driver do not mention it. The latest drivers only fix a problem with DX12 in one game, and a few minor problems with other new games. No mention of a P3D fix in 15.10.
mcp5500

Post by mcp5500 »

Did anyone look at this?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article ... sages.aspx

And this?
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/Librar ... s.85).aspx
This is the Microsoft additional information link about TDRs on the AMD page above.
Bobcat999

Post by Bobcat999 »

Well yes MCP but I don't understand the relevance. I am not sure how that would help us to get P3D running properly. That just explains a driver/GPU reset.

It is a shader issue causing the resets with some R9 series cards, as proved by when altering a single line in the shader file, it allows the R9 cards to run P3D after that (except without some aircraft lights and emitter effects).

The fact that the same cards run P3D with 14.12 drivers seems to point to the fact that AMD changed the drivers and messed them up with the newer drivers. The drivers seem to be interpreting the shader file instructions incorrectly with the newer drivers, causing the R9 cards to hang and reset.

Unfortunately, I cannot go back to 14.12 drivers as other software I run needs the newer ones.
mcp5500

Post by mcp5500 »

Yes I understand but there are a few registry settings that could help with debugging. I just thought I would pass this on.
Bobcat999

Post by Bobcat999 »

Ah! I see. Thanks. I might have a closer look at this if I get some time tonight as I am getting frustrated with waiting now.
mcp5500

Post by mcp5500 »

Lockheed, any progress to report? Thanks in advance.
cvearl

Post by cvearl »

Just make sure you are filing a report with AMD to help convince them to look at it. Its in the driver pages of their site.

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D23A3DE979

Or better yet register on the forum there and place a request in there on the issue. http://support.amd.com/en-us/contact

You can even open a support ticket. They start getting these and they will look into it. Years ago they fixed something in FSX when a bunch of us complained. But not long ago, DX10 mode stopped working correctly with corrupt graphics 2 minutes into the flight. They never got around to fixing that to this day.

P3D is a bigger animal than FSX DX10 preview mode and hopefully they will listen and create a fix.

In the end, 14.12 are only 10 months old. If you are not a heavy gamer playing A list titles 1 month after release, 14.12 is perfectly fine until someone addresses this.

Charles.
mcp5500

Post by mcp5500 »

New Information: After creating the registry key:
WMMD Settings in registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
KeyValue : TdrDelay
ValueType : REG_DWORD
ValueData : Number of seconds to delay. 2 seconds is the default value. - I set this to 10. (Newer Nvidea Drivers UI allows this setting to be changed.
Delete Shader folders
Default Flight Loads with a Black screen for 10-15 seconds, next i am in the default aircraft and have to wait about 30 seconds for rendering outside graphics to complete. Shaders folder gets recreated and populated. It fails after all graphics are rendered. Probably when reading from the shaders folder.

This is repeatable every time. here is the P3D log file. Error 0 thru 18 are from my air Carenado B200 aircraft.

If you need anything else let me know.

[error.0]
error=Found Duplicate Key Name
File:C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_B200_King _Air\aircraft.cfg
Section:direction_indicators
Key:direction_indicator.0

[error.1]
File:C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_B200_King _Air\aircraft.cfg

[error.2]

[error.3]

[error.4]

[error.5]

[error.6]

[error.7]

[error.8]

[error.9]

[error.10]

[error.11]

[error.12]

[error.13]

[error.14]

[error.15]

[error.16]

[error.17]

[error.18]

[error.19]
error=Shader cache failed to compile or create shader. source-file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\ParticleDraw.fx cache-file: C:\Users\NewLife2\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders\v3010_sm110_ParticleDraw.fx_PSParticleDraw_00a0000127000001_0040090000000002.cso

My Setup:
ASUS Sabertooth X79
32g DDR3
i7-3930 @ 4.6gh
2 AMD R9-290s Crossfire disables 15.7.1 Driver
27" 2560x1440
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

AMD engineers have been able to reproduce the driver reset and are looking into the cause. Thank you all for your patience while we work with AMD to resolve the issue.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
mcp5500

Post by mcp5500 »

That is great news Beau. Thanks.