OOM this is new!

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Nullack

Post by Nullack »

Hi Ron top stuff. When you say "the workaround is to use a maximum NORMAL vegetation autogen density setting. In certain situations further reduction to a SPARSE setting may be required" I tried indicating this to Kosta here on these forums who was blogging on his blog about getting a refund and how lm p3d is defective etcetc. He didnt seem to pay attention and try it at the time. He seems to have since on his blog acknowledged that the settings help.

As for his other reported problem of autogen not keeping pace to textures at high speed in say the f22, I cant replicate the problem on my own system and I suspect my ssd is the cause as it will sustain 550MB/s+ reads
farkarwee

Post by farkarwee »

Well done Aime.

Ready to give up and tried your suggestion.

Sim now working beatifully ----at last!

Thanks.

My only .cfg edit

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=15

[SCENERY]

ObjectsToBatchPerFrame=40

Pop_free-autogen=0 // 1

Autogen_batch_lod=1 // 2

Flying 737 or Carenado Mooney in Orbx global world (no vectors yet) plus Aussie AI

System - I5 3750 o/c'd 4.4, gtx 670, twin ssds, 3 19" monitors (th2go 3840x1024), 1x 20" instrument panel screen,

self made cockpit switching panel, saitek yoke/throttle/pedal

overflow

Post by overflow »

With Pop-free_autogen=0 you have autogen popping how FSX an P3D 1.4. That is no solution.
colang

Post by colang »

Thanks a lot Aime, great discovery.

Yes, it's not a real solution, as it needs renouncing to one of the beautiful features of v2, but meantime waiting for the fix, at least we have an usable simulator.

Just a question, does the ObjectsToBatchPerFrame=40 setting work also with P3D 1.4?

It can be well worth of a try.
Aime

Post by Aime »

Quote:
Quote from colang on March 17, 2014, 10:37

Thanks a lot Aime, great discovery.

Yes, it's not a real solution, as it needs renouncing to one of the beautiful features of v2, but meantime waiting for the fix, at least we have an usable simulator.

Just a question, does the ObjectsToBatchPerFrame=40 setting work also with P3D 1.4?

It can be well worth of a try.

Initially, this is a setting for FSX: it should work also on P3D 1.4

But I have no license for P3D 1.4. Can't try it.

Pop-free_autogen=0 is not necessary against the OOM (it allowed me to double my fps)
W10 Prol 64-bit/ Giga X570 AORUS PRO/ Ryzen 9 3900X/ 16GB/ RTX2060/ SyncMaster B2430L/ SyncMaster 2333SW/ LG ULTRAWIDE/ Flight Yoke System/ Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel/ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals/ Bravo Throttle Quadrant/ Trackir3