New Nvidia drivers (352.86)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
kernowuk

Post by kernowuk »

These drivers appear to fix the PAPI issue ... until the next update at least LOL

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/85051

And oh my my ... Nvidia Inspector now seems to have an SLI profile! Unless I'm mistaken, which I often am :)

Cheers

Steve
nemo06

Post by nemo06 »

"Release Highlights
Just in time for the highly anticipated title The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience. With support for GeForce SLI technology and one-click game setting optimizations within GeForce Experience, you’ll have the best possible performance and image quality during gameplay.

Game Ready
Best gaming experience for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, including support for SLI Technology and GeForce Experience 1-click optimizations"

No Prepar3D.
BG2518

Post by BG2518 »

What no P3D - I'm confused?

LM, should I download and install ?
nemo06

Post by nemo06 »

This is not yet the specific driver for P3D.
I think it should come out before an update from LM.
kernowuk

Post by kernowuk »

I don't think you'll see a "specific" driver for P3D. Most likely any updates to enhance our sim will probably be included in a normal regular driver revision such as this one.

I am running this driver, and it appears to work correctly at least. I've not run the sim enough as yet to see if there is any performance increase, but at least everything IS working.

Steve
nemo06

Post by nemo06 »

@Steve: Rob in AVSIM forum:

LM have been working with nVidia to make SLI work ... it's a back and forth dialog. Beau has made adjustments to code in order to meet nVidia's needs to make SLi a reality at the driver level. This dialog has been going on for a long time, but we should finally see the results soon.
jimst57

Post by jimst57 »

I tried it briefly this morning. Runway lights were back and the performance seemed smooth. I only tried one small flight, but the stuttering problem I had seemed better.
BG2518

Post by BG2518 »

Ta !!

Persuaded to try this driver.

Some small issue still exists on instant replays with aircraft strobe lights that appear to "clear up" over time.

Its like the graphics card has some sort of bottleneck but gets there in the end.

Apart for that all seems good with darn good FPS.
Akila

Post by Akila »

so does it or doesn't it includes the P3D fix and Profile?
did anyone download and tested it?
Nemex

Post by Nemex »

Did a very quick test and can confirm runway lights are working again.

Performance seems to be in the green. Both my GTX 980 have 95-100% usage (NVIDIA Surround).
Rob Ainscough

Post by Rob Ainscough »

It would appear so, see here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/n ... ost-107933

Cheers, Rob.
Rob Ainscough
nemo06

Post by nemo06 »

I tried SLI with two GTX 980, but I have macrostutters.

With SLI, vsync on or off? FPS limited or unlimited?
Nemex

Post by Nemex »

I use V-Sync off and limited to 30 FPS via game options. NVIDIA Surround/SLI with 2 GTX 980. No micro stutters. But this might be a special case because I have G-Sync monitors (G-Sync on via NVIDIA control panel). Since I'm using them I never encountered micro stutter or tearing again.
molesy

Post by molesy »

I still have problems with the latest driver.
3 lighting problems.

1. the lights flicker in sli mode ( alternate frame rendering) setting it to single GPU in nvidia control panel stops the flicker

2. Taxi edge lighting is not in the correct position. (misaligned) Only addon in use in the area is FTX Global and vector (i have disabled it and no difference) this is a stock airport.

3. some ad-ons still dont have their nav and strobe lights working ie CLS 330/340 and posky all models (it used to work on previous versions of P3D)

i am running 2X GTX980
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

For pilots with FSX and P3D.
Just for info.

My short test with NV 352.86 in P3Dv2.5 = ok

But, in FSX my 2D gauge popups - undocked gives VC view (screenshot) in the gauge on my 2 monitor system in FSX.
Moving (drag) it to the second monitor corrected the gauge view.

Nvidia driver 352.86 caused the problem.

I had to go back to 347.88 = ok

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)