Nvidia driver support request

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
sandhog711

Post by sandhog711 »

No differences for me with version 352.86 (2 x GTX 580 SLI) compared to previous drivers and the AFR-Friendly-workaround. Same framerates (or may be lower), same stutters, same artefacts. So i hope it´s not the announced SLI-driver for Prepar3D. And btw. after opening a drop down menue or by undocking a window, I´m losing SLI. Just one GPU is running, the second is idling. To reactivate SLI i have to open the display options and click OK.
turbineseaplane

Post by turbineseaplane »

Echoing the above statement
Basically no improvement for me with dual 970's (working fine as indicated by the green SLI indicator).

Most of the time the green bar is very short (about 1"-2" tall) which would seem to indicate P3D isn't yet very good at distributing the workload across the GPU's.

Definitely bummed a bit. Was hoping it would do more, but perhaps a new update of P3D at some point will work to better distribute things across multiple GPUs?
vgbaron

Post by vgbaron »

The green bar will only move if the load increases. Try using something like MSI Afterburner or EVGA PrecisionX to monitor the GPU load. If both lines move in unison, you are in SLI, if one is flatline - you are NOT in SLI mode. Just OOC, in Nvidia inspector - in the SLI section - set GPU count to TWO rather than AUTO. See if that has any effect.

Vic
Avidean

Post by Avidean »

I pimped my ride today :-)

AS you can see by the image I don't care about continuity 1 evga 780, 1 Gigabyte 780 and an ASUS SLI bridge. LOL!

Quote proud of myself. Picked up a used referance Evga GTX 780 for CAD$260 :-)
That's about US$220. It tested as good as my current Gigabyte referance 780.
This is the First SLI rig I've had since I was naive enough to buy to used GTX 295's
for FSX. LOL!

Will be testing Prepar3D shortly in SLI and get back with my results :-)
bnlcoops

Post by bnlcoops »

Hi everyone,

So I downloaded the most recent nvidia driver and tried to run P3D 2.5 with my rift in SLI with two nvidia Titans. I have the 2.5 DCOC. I get the rift startup screen ghosting in the background and the program stutters so that it is unwatchable. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bill
jemr69

Post by jemr69 »

Done! I hope they will read our requests!
Lipuprepar3d

Post by Lipuprepar3d »

I have also posted my message to nvidia. Let's hope they do something about the topic.
I also hope LM to do its work with dx12. Simulators will be the most benefited with this new api.
With the current hardware our fps could go much higher (same hardware much more performance). Try to post messages about this to LM.
Thanks.