[RESOLVED] v3.3, what about the VAS?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Re: v3.3, what about the VAS?

Post by Adam Breed »

cannow wrote: Looks like the high Vas usage for me is scenary add on related.
cannow,

Thank you for the detailed break down. We have reached out to DD and are investigating further.

For the Nassau X add-on, we believe it might be a result of the SODE that is installed as part of the scenery setup process. We are investigating further but other users have reported that reinstalling the add-on might fix the issue.

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
cannow

Post by cannow »

Adam Breed wrote:
cannow wrote: Looks like the high Vas usage for me is scenary add on related.
cannow,

Thank you for the detailed break down. We have reached out to DD and are investigating further.

For the Nassau X add-on, we believe it might be a result of the SODE that is installed as part of the scenery setup process. We are investigating further but other users have reported that reinstalling the add-on might fix the issue.

Regards,
Adam
Hi Adam
My own feeling is this is not exclusive to DD Designs software certainly I was experiencing my higher than normal VAS with Aerosoft EGLL Mega airport on average 3.6Gig instead of 3.2 Gig on a like for like setup , but not have time to repeat the same test procedure . Upgradeing and downgrading is much improved but still took a good hour . Hope I have helped the puzzle . I am sure I am not he only one seeing this.
abd40110a

Post by abd40110a »

A simple test to show the problems of VAS.

Copy 100 times the same Library, sample: Landmark.bgl of scenery/global.

I had noticed that p3d v3.2 managed very well the multiple repetitions of objects (apparently based on the GUIDs).

Totally different thing in p3d v3.3

Do not take into account gaps between p3d v3.2 and p3d v3.3 at startup, due to more libraries in p3d v3.2, take into account only gaps in the same version. I will not break my installation constantly!

Many creators of sceneries include their "MyLibrary.bgl" or objects in each of their sceneries!

I hope to help.
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

abd40110a,

Thank you again for the deep dive on this. We believe we have discovered an issue and we will be releasing a v3.3 hotfix to address it. It is related to http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 75#p137391

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
david2025

Post by david2025 »

Adam Breed wrote:
david2025 wrote:Same here, first run with your computer run out of memory .. and no addons, only clean P3d v3.3 installation. default conditions like plane, scenery and weather, , only click on ok and thats all. the scenary start to load, once finish the OOM appear.
Hello,

On a base default installation of v3.3, even with maxed out settings, you should only be seeing at most 1.9 GB of VAS usage. Can you confirm you deleted all generated files? Often a third party dlls could be loading and you might not be aware.

Let us know,
Adam
Confirmed.. i reinstalled all from OS to P3D and now is working with the vas indicated 1.9- 2.0 GB, but OOM still there with scenery addons and using PMDG sotware, need to use a lower settings now, (wasting the power of my machine) in order to be inside the range to avoid OOM, I hope with the patch that you are going to release this can be fixed. otherwise addons will be out of my installation / update Process, well all unless pmdg.. Thanks Adam.
abd40110a

Post by abd40110a »

Thanks to all the team for the work, everything works perfectly now.
Regards,