multi views in a matrox riple head to go

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
sxa1376

Post by sxa1376 »

If you're in full screen mode, you don't strictly have to undock the windows, but you would create new views and drag them to other screens. If you're using the TH2G to combine your screens, then you would leave your resolution at 3840, set your main 3d window to panels only, and create 3 new views for left center and right. I'm not sure off-hand if there is a way to hide the border, but odds are the cameras aren't going to stitch together perfectly, so you'll likely see a seem anyway. If you use multichannel, there are more capabilities for setting up the camera field of view values to avoid seams.

As for the 3rd license. I don't really have any control of licensing. You can contact enquiries@prepar3d.com if you'd like, but given that our developers license is only $10 a month and comes with two licenses, I'd suggest you just grab one of those for a month.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

If you're using a TH2G, then you don't really need multichannel. You can use the in-app UI to create three cameras, point them where you like, move and size them, and save out a .FLT file. Using 3 views is going to produce a noticeable performance hit compared to using one ultra-wide view however, because each camera will have to do its own scene processing.

We added a Panel's Only option to our views. You will always have at least one 3D view, but you can set it to panels only and it will not attempt to do any 3d rendering.

Beau
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
sxa1376

Post by sxa1376 »

Hello bhollis and thanks for the support. If i have understand correct i must create two more new views and undock them and then put one to left projector the other to the right projector and the main window to the center projector? If that so how i can deal with the white borders ( from the left and the right side ) of each view? Is there a way to get rid of them? Also i want to say that my destop resolution is set to 3840 x 1024 and for my current one ultra wide view i have put the same resolution inside display settings of the p3d. If the answer is the creation of undocked views should inside p3d i must put the resolution to 1280 x 1024 or to leave the above resolution as it is? Maybe also to change the command inside p3d.cfg to WideViewAspect=False? Any way about the resolution inside game i must always have it to same resolution as desktop for optimal performance or not? My texture resolution inside p3d is 1024 x 1024 so maybe i must put also the game resolution to 1024 x 768? Please forgive my English they are not good. I need to ask something else now. Currently i have two p3d licenses one i using for a cessnna i currently building and the other for the a320 which i also building. I was wondering if you could provide me a third license ( demo or time limited ) so i could be able for a 10 , 15 days to installed it to a third pc with four monitors and to use this only for panels with gauges and no scenery views to make some experiments with some commercial airbuses for fsx?

Many thanks in advance.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

If you're in full screen mode, you don't strictly have to undock the windows, but you would create new views and drag them to other screens. If you're using the TH2G to combine your screens, then you would leave your resolution at 3840, set your main 3d window to panels only, and create 3 new views for left center and right. I'm not sure off-hand if there is a way to hide the border, but odds are the cameras aren't going to stitch together perfectly, so you'll likely see a seem anyway. If you use multichannel, there are more capabilities for setting up the camera field of view values to avoid seams.

As for the 3rd license. I don't really have any control of licensing. You can contact enquiries@prepar3d.com if you'd like, but given that our developers license is only $10 a month and comes with two licenses, I'd suggest you just grab one of those for a month.
Beau Hollis
sxa1376

Post by sxa1376 »

Hello bholis today i bought a developer license for the p3d. Can you please send me a step by step tutorial of how i can configure the one copy as a server the second copy showing panel only and the third as an instructor or tower? Many thanks in advance.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Please read through the multichannel documentation in the Getting Started section of the Learning Center. It is located . You can launch the learning center through the in-app help menu or as a standalone application from the Prepar3D root directory.

Beau
Beau Hollis
Legacy Support

Post by Legacy Support »

Quick note that developers are able to purchase more than one developer subscription. No problem at all.
sxa1376

Post by sxa1376 »

Hello guys i am little confused about of how i can set up these. Inside learning center in the multichannel section i have read the articles but i don't know how to set up. I need one p3d to work as a scenery only and the other two as a panels only. In the " Display configuration " section i saw the two examples " Master Computer " which is this :

[MULTIPLAYER]

AutoStart=2

AutoSignOn=1

AccountLogin=0

LanUsername=MasterMachineName

PublicOnWEB=0

PublicOnLAN=1

MaxPlayers=64

ReservedForFriends=0

IGEnabled=1

IGSyncRate=30

EnableShare=1

PasswordForSharingAircraft=””

AllowSharedAircraft=1

AllowJoinInFly=1

ConnectionLostTimeOut=600

and the " Slave Computer " which is this :

[MULTIPLAYER]

AutoStart=1

AutoExit=1

AutoSignOn=1

AccountLogin=0

LanUsername=SlaveMachineName

AutoStartHostId=MasterMachineName

AutoStartJoinAircraft=MasterMachineName

IGEnabled=1

ClientEnabledVoice=0

Should i must use only the two above configurations or i must take the ready examples from " Sample configurations " section?

In any case i must put the " master.cfg " file inside main folder of p3d of the master and also the " slave1,2....cfg " files to the main p3d folders of each client pc or somwhere else? Also i must installed the same aircraft in each pc with the same settings? And is there any option when i start the p3d from the master also this to auto start the p3d in clients as well? Please a little tutorial whould be really helpfull because i am amateur in programing. Many thanks in advance.

sxa1376

Post by sxa1376 »

Hello guys you have forgot me. About the line : Prepar3D.exe /NET:C:\Prepar3D\Network.CFG what is this? My server name is studio and my p3d instalation path is this : C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D. So i must create a Network.CFG file inside there? And the Network.CFG file what it must contain? About the IG files if i have understood well, for the master i have create a Studio.cfg file placed inside p3d folder containing these :

"studio.cfg"

[MULTIPLAYER]

AutoSignOn=1

AutoStart=2

AccountLogin=0

LanUsername=studio

PublicOnWEB=0

PublicOnLAN=1

MaxPlayers=64

ReservedForFriends=0

IGEnabled=1

IGSyncRate=30

EnableShare=1

PasswordForSharingAircraft=””

AllowSharedAircraft=1

AllowJoinInFly=1

and i have create also a gauges.cfg file ( gauges is the name of the first client pc ) and i have also placed this file inside the client p3d folder and this .cfg contains these lines :

"gauges.cfg"

[MULTIPLAYER]

AutoStart=1

AutoExit=1

AutoSignOn=1

AccountLogin=0

LanUsername=gauges

AutoStartHostId=studio

AutoStartJoinAircraft=studio

IGEnabled=1

ClientEnabledVoice=0

What i am doing wrong? I am amateur in programming so a step by step tutorial it whould be really greatfull.

beatle

Post by beatle »

The network config files can live anywhere, be named anything. P3D doesn't look for them by default, you have to provide a command line switch to cause the network config files to be read:

Prepar3d.exe -net:c:\IGConfig\studio.cfg

Assuming the file is located at c:\IGConfig\.

You also need a SimIG.XML file in the c:\Users\YOURALIAS\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d\ directory of the multichannel master machine (in the upcomming V1.2, a new -IG:c:\SomePath\SomeFile.xml switch has been added to allow overriding the default file name/location).

V1.2 SDK will also include a directory of sample network .CFG and SimIG.XML files.

Tim
sxa1376

Post by sxa1376 »

Hello Tim and thanks for your reply. About now the " command line switch " how i can create it? As i mention above my installation path of my server p3d is this : C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D. Inside this folder i have create the above studio.cfg file. How i can create this command switch " Prepar3d.exe -net:c:\IGConfig\studio.cfg " ? Also this is needed for every slave machine as well? About the "SimIG.XML " i have allready create these files and placed them to appropriate folders. So i think my only problem is the creation of the " command line switch " which i have no idea of how i can create it.

Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

You might want to google around a bit for how to use the windows command line interface. Basically all applications can be run from the command line by simply typing the path to the application. Almost all applications also have command line switches or arguments that you can use to bring the application up i a non-standard state. (Such as telling your web browser to launch into a specific URL). To use command line switches, you'll either want to:

1. Run the app from the command line and type the switch in after the exe path

2. Create a shortcut and edit the "Target" field to include the switch

3. Create a .bat or .cmd file and place your commands in that file

Option 2 is probably the simplest.

For a full list of command line options, see Command Line Switches in our SDK overview section. http://www.prepar3d.com/sdk/sdk%20overview.html

Beau

Beau Hollis
sxa1376

Post by sxa1376 »

Hello guys i was reading the " Prepar3D 1.2 Release Notes – Lockheed Martin - Prepar3D " and i saw this line :

We also support multiple screens per PC, so if you have a PC with two, three, four (or more!) monitor or projector outputs, you can have up to 400 + channels. So i want to ask in my case i have one pc with the matrox TH2G, how i can arrange three views in this way so i will have one view front-left, one view front and one view front-right? I have read the new learning center in the multichannel section but i haven't found something covering my case. Many thanks in advance.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Unless you are connecting multiple machines together, each using their own TH2G, then the new multi-monitor-multi-channel feature doesn't really give you anything more than you already had before. If you do choose to use multichannel, you might want to look back over the SDK as we have added more examples for how to set up various multichannel setups.
Beau Hollis