Novice trying to make a targeting pod work

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
Clarkj91

Novice trying to make a targeting pod work

Post by Clarkj91 »

Hey everyone,

I'm an absolute novice, not a programmer or anything close. I've just bee around the sim world a long enough time to fumble around and figure things out.

I am trying to make a targeting pod VC gauge. I am able to get the image in the vc poly by adding a camera view and loading it in via an xml gauge.

However, what I would like to do is use the controllable camera functions with the sensorreticle.swf as an overlay. I have been able to get this onto the aircraft, but once the scale form is loaded, the entire VC view becomes fixed and controlled by the camera functions instead of the actually gauge, which remains static. I was able to compile the targeting pod from the SDK and that worked fine (although for some reason the scaleformoverlay didn't load onto the image?) but it did let me slew it around with the hotas keys....

Fast forward, to removing the targeting pod swf, adding the sensor reticle scale form overlay to the camera and now I have my issues.

Again, static camera display on the guage with the flash file overlaid on top of it, but my actual VC eyepoint view becomes controlled by the camera functions and the camera on the gauge remains fixed forward. Thanks!