P3D Material not recognised in 3dsMax 2022

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
Jetman

P3D Material not recognised in 3dsMax 2022

Post by Jetman »

Hello everyone,

yesterday all of a sudden between closing a completely functional MAX and a starting it again 15 minutes later something must have gone wrong here.
I get the following message but have changed nothing on the entire system (just did a quick check of the last export in P3D):
Of course the material export or the shader tool are not working any more. It does not matter if I use the english or german version of Max.
Even after uninstalling the SDK and removing the plug-in from the Max third-party logins the "Prepare3D Tools" remains in the menu bar but is not functional with a corresponding error message. The problem even persists when reinstalling 3dsMax or using the 2021 version.

Does anyone know what is going wrong here? Help is urgently needed!!!

Thanks in advance!

Sascha
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3D Material not recognised in 3dsMax 2022

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Sascha,

Do you see this error when creating a new scene or when loading an existing scene? Can you check to see if your render mode is set to Scanline Renderer as mentioned here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... ne#p253752

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
Jetman

Re: P3D Material not recognised in 3dsMax 2022

Post by Jetman »

Hi Clifton,
sorry for the late response! I have been on vacation...

I have the problem either with new scenes or with existing ones. The renderer is set to scanline. I did a complete clean uninstall if Max 2022 and reinstalled it. This removed the previously remaining "Prepar3d Tools" from the menu bar but still I cannot use P3D matrials. I can assign them in the matrial editor without problems but if I select them in the "Shader tool" the error code appears or after export the model has no P3D material assigned.

It seems to be a problem with the "bitmap" assignment in the material editor as far as I interpret the "new" error message (no matter which image format is used):

Thanks for your help. Development is on hold for weeks now, also resulting in financial losses coming with it...

Regards, Sascha