PBR Flickering Reflection

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
steve6791

PBR Flickering Reflection

Post by steve6791 »

Hi

I'm not sure where to post this so here seems as good a place as any, I was using the SDK to get to this point...

in short....I've been messing with the PBR, created a sphere, full reflective material, placed sphere above runway to test, the reflection of the runway flickers like crazy.

-occurs when Dynamic reflection is on Medium, high or ultra, it does not flicker on low, however on low the runway is not reflected.

-If I move the sphere well away from the runway but the runway is still reflected at a distance, the side facing the runway flickers but the side facing away does not.

-I have to move the sphere well out of sight of the airfield to stop the flicker completely

-The PBR F16 also has flicker on the exhaust and landing gear unless I move well away from a runway.

-it seems to be only on reflective PBR materials

My Graphics Card is reasonably old (2012) it meets the requirements for P3d and I don't have any issues with other PBR based software and I use Unity. I have spoke to two others who also have this flicker who also have older graphic cards, so it would be interesting to know if its maybe the graphic cards causing it or a P3D bug in relation to older cards or something else entirely?

Pictures...It repeats this same loop starting as a perfect reflection, ending on a perfecting reflection. I am turning right in slew mode. I am capturing each frame of movements here, in reality all the photos are in less than a second of time, if I was moving normally it looks like a crazy flicker. If i slew backward or forward this doesn't occur only if I turn left or right.

thanks
Simbol

Re: PBR Flickering Reflection

Post by Simbol »

Hi there,

Your pictures are not displaying..

Regards,
Simbol
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
steve6791

Post by steve6791 »

Ah bugger! they where working when I posted, thanks for letting me know

I'll just add to this that since I posted, I have noticed that none PBR textures also flicker with Dynamic Reflection turned on medium or above. I did a flight then landed stopped on the runway and from the external view the bottom half of the aircraft was flickering. it was ok in the air only when I landed on the runway I noticed it.

thanks
steve6791

Post by steve6791 »

Also the Control tower in the background, the glass flickers on that too but only the side that faces the runway.