Software Development Kit - FSX Steam

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
smotheredrun

Software Development Kit - FSX Steam

Post by smotheredrun »

Hello all,

Searching this forum for the terms "sdk v 1.4" or combinations of that, the search engine says I need to use more characters. Using "Software Development Kit 1.4" has not yielded an answer to the following:

I have been referred to this forum by a search of various FSX (SE) forums regarding the SDK (and lack thereof with Steam Edition) for FSX. These other forums mention downloading P3D v 1.4 SDK. The support/download page for the P3D SDK only lists one each for v 3 and v 4 of P3D (page states clearly that v4 will not work with FSX). I am just looking for some confirmation as to whether or not v 3 SDK will function for me or if there is anywhere I can get the v 1.4 SDK.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
BenBaron

Re: Software Development Kit - FSX Steam

Post by BenBaron »

Hi,

I highly doubt the v3 SDK will work for FSX:Steam, but I don't know what exactly you want to achieve. If you'd "only" need a legacy SimConnect header, library or managed SimConnect.dll for reference you could look under v3 or v4 "redist" folder. There you can find the older interfaces.

Greets, Benny
ananda

Post by ananda »

SDK 1.4 is no longer available.
smotheredrun

Post by smotheredrun »

ananda wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:24 pm SDK 1.4 is no longer available.
Rats. Ok. I might just back up everything that I feel is important to my sim and try the V3 SDK and see if I break things. Usually how I operate with another "flight/space/alien NASA simulator/STEM educational tool (game)".

Mod it 'til it crashes :)
JB3DG

Post by JB3DG »

@LM Team are there any objections if I were to provide a link to a copy of the v1.4 SDK that I have backed up?
Jonathan Bleeker
Milviz systems dev

Formerly known as Naruto-kun