[RESOLVED] To save some time and headache re SDK and 3dsMax2009

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
dwbarnett

[RESOLVED] To save some time and headache re SDK and 3dsMax2009

Post by dwbarnett »

Hello everyone, I'm trying my hand at a little bit of airport enhancement and modeling. I have a student version of Max 2009. I have installed the latest P3d 4.x and latest SDK.

I installed both the 64/32 bit version of 3DSMax 2009 (student). All registration,serial number etc went fine with Autodesk. I then followed the steps here to install the 3ds Max plugins, using the 3DSM2009 plugins.

Obviously the 64bit Max won't work with 2009. However, the 32 bit loads up fine. Also, load as administrator. I can see my Aces Tools just fine. However, when I click on each tool, I get a tool not supported message. Did a search here, couldn't find any definitive info.

Am I going to be able to create/modify my airport in P3d4.3x with Max 2009 (student) using this SDK? I'm a noobie to all this. If I'm wasting my time working with Max 2009 and P3D4.3, are there any alternatives to accomplish my goal.

Could it be I didn't have any project loaded when clicking on each tool? Do I have to have something created for the tool to do anything? Any options or input appreciated. Right now I seem to be making EZ Hard for my goal. Some insight please.

Best,
David
dwbarnett

Re: To save some time and headache re SDK and 3dsMax2009

Post by dwbarnett »

RESOLVED.....Thanks.
Best,
David