Change appearance of a flight plan

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
Barney_LM

Changing the appearance of flight plans

Post by Barney_LM »

Hello

I currentkly have a flight plan that gets loaded into P3D. However on the GPS it shows up as a red line. I am trying to get it so that the flight plan shows up as an arrow with departure and destination tags shown.

I have looked into the .pln files and have changed the <ATCWaypointType> attributes, however the flight plan still displays on the GPS as just a red line.

Are there other things within the .pln file that I would need to change?

Regards,
Barney
Barney_LM

Change appearance of a flight plan

Post by Barney_LM »

Hello

I am trying to have my gps display the flight plan as an arrow.

Is this something that I would need to edit in the gps.xml or p3d itself?

If so which property is it that I would need to change?

Regards,
Barney
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Change appearance of a flight plan

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello Barney,

You will most likely need to make extensive modifications to the gps.xml. We have documentation in the learning center covering xml gauges here: https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/pane ... rview.html. I recommend familiarizing yourself with all the various capabilities here including how to create and use custom artwork in gauges. One potential solution is to create an arrow tip and place it on the end of the line with the correct rotation. Also look through provided samples and start by modifying those to help learn about these features. There are a lot of capabilities here. Another option is to use Scaleform to create a custom GPS gauge if using xml is not an option. There is documentation on using Scaleform here: https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/pane ... rview.html

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead