P3Dv4.1 FX Tool Not displaying Effect - Sound very quiet

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
cookedinlh

P3Dv4.1 FX Tool Not displaying Effect - Sound very quiet

Post by cookedinlh »

I have built many explosion and exhaust effects in FSX P3D v2.5 and 3.4. I have now upgrade to v4.1 and while the FX tool can load any effect, hitting "Do Effect" does nothing (shows no effect) but it does play whatever wav is part of that effect at a very low volume that I cannot increase even with speakers up FULL.

Been checking/searching the forum but nothing suggests what the issue is.
Any ideas appreciated
Cookedinlh
cookedinlh

Re: P3Dv4.1 FX Tool Not displaying Effect - Sound very quiet

Post by cookedinlh »

Finally got my P3D v3.4 SDK working again and fx display properly with full sound. . . so something is different in v4.1. Even 4.1 fx loaded directly from the 4.1 effects folder do not display so it cannot be the fx itself but rather some other parameter or setting . . sound is very muted but it;s there
cookedinlh

Post by cookedinlh »

Still having no luck with getting the FXTOOL to work in v4.1. I can load any effect and play a very faint sound but no visual effect is executed. Works fine in 3.4

HELP . . any suggestions welcome
Cookedinlh
cookedinlh

Post by cookedinlh »

SOLVED - All my sim software is installed on a separate G: drive. The new SKD 4.1 was installed unexpectedly installed in C:Program Files . . . the dll.xml was still pointing to SDK4.0 on G: but also unexpectedly the fxtool still came up as apparently working since you could edit and hear but not see the effects go off. Final clue was, ticking "Show Location" which caused the whole sim to crash. . . and researching the error log led to finding the location of the 4.1SDK

Well THAT was FUN!