Active Sky Evo with Prepar 3d

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
sxa1376

Post by sxa1376 »

Hello guys i need your help about active sky advanced. I have installed it to a client pc but when i am running it i am getting this :

Simconnect Client SP2 Not Found.

You must have FSX SP1 or SP2 SimConnect Client installed in order to use FSX mode with ASE.

Should i install this or prepar 3d has its own client i must download and install? Can please guide me how i can do this?

Also i want to ask if i buy a second licence of prepar 3d can i use the first install showing only scenery ( front view ) and the second showing only the panel ( only gauges )? Can anyone guide me how i can do this?

Many thanks in advance.

FSMP

Post by FSMP »

Currently, as P3D has no REAL WEATHER, Active Sky "might" be a way to get REAL Weather into P3D.

That gives Active Sky quite a high value as far as any P3D project is concerned, and I would be very surprised, if any P3D Compatible "Active Sky", did not carry a suitably priced Commercial License.

( Back to one of my pet subjects - Licensing :P )

Geoff

sxa1376

Post by sxa1376 »

Oh i see so if we want real weather we must wait for a prepar 3d update.
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

I think that is NOT what I said ???
Legacy Support

Post by Legacy Support »

Hi Guys,

Andy is correct, it would be up to the guys supplying the add-on to ensure compatibility with Prepar3D through SimConnect. It is likely that real-world weather injection into Prepar3D would be quicker via the third-party add-on route.

Regards,

John
aussiecop

Post by aussiecop »

Have you tried installing REX? I am installing this on a commercial sim this weekend, it is almost perfectly compatible that I can see. I have also spoken with the developers who are in the process of making it 100% P3D capable. Beware though there is additional licensing for use on P3D.
Legacy Support

Post by Legacy Support »

Geez, sorry mate, I had a massive brain mis-fire.... !
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

Now, I'm totally confused :P

Simon.