Loading "Prepar3D Scenario" screen signal available in SDK?

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
voss1917

Loading "Prepar3D Scenario" screen signal available in SDK?

Post by voss1917 »

I am a addon developer and wonder if the SimConnect SDK has any variable that tells when the "Prepar3D Scenario" screen has finished loading? I want to load a complex addon airplane scenario ASAP after P3D has finished the scenario screen loading. Hopefully so fast after P3D has finished the loading of the "Prepar3D Scenario" screen that the user do not see it before the new loading scenario take place.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Loading "Prepar3D Scenario" screen signal available in SDK?

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Can you clarify what you're trying to do here? Prepar3D cannot load two scenarios at once. If you want your scenario to be the first one that loads you can set it to be the default.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
voss1917

Post by voss1917 »

Due to the existing problem in Prepar3D that one can not load a scenario file that has been created with an advance airplane(i.e. PMDG jetliners) as the default, I want to start Prepar3D with the "Prepar3D Scenario" screen open.
I then want my app to detect that Prepar3D has open the "Prepar3D Scenario" screen and as soon as possible (with no delay) load the "advance scenario file"

Here is the planned actions in the app:
1. Receive the "Prepar3D Scenario" open
2. On receiving 1. above, Send a "Load" command to open the "Load Scenario" screen
3. Insert the text line of the "advance scenario file" into the "Search" field" of the "Load Scenario" screen
4. Send a "OK" command to initiate the loading of the " advance scenario file"
5. Load the scenario file with the advance airplane

All the steps above can be done manually, but I want it to be done in my app, so it looks like the "advance scenario file" is loaded directly wit as little delay as possible so the "Scenario" screens" are not seen.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

The SimConnect SystemEvent sample is a good place to start. There is also a SimConnect function that will load a scenario: SimConnect_FlightLoad. You won't need to inject anything into the UI.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
voss1917

Post by voss1917 »

Thanks for your fast replay.

But, using SimConnect_FlightLoad do not solve what I want to accomplish. SimConnect_FlightLoad will only work when you have an active flight loaded and the sim is running, not when the sim is in UI screen "mode". This means you first have to load a default plane + scenery and then the SImConnect_FlightLoad which load another plane + another scenery. This means 2 loadings of plane + scenery. I wants to just have 1 loading. which should be how it should work IMHO.

There also seems to not be any SImConnect Event to tell when the UI "Scenario Startup" screen has been loaded.:(