Issues with view methods

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
obinder

Issues with view methods

Post by obinder »

Hello @ll,

I am experiencing a few more oddities with (managed code) view functions.

1. simconnect.SetCameraSensorMode(szName, mode) only works when the CameraDefinition of the view that I am using it on already has a sensor mode (for example the "IR (White Hot)"). If the CameraDefinition doesn't have a SensorMode= tag, calling this method does nothing. Adding a post process on the other hand works every time.

2. simconnect.OpenView(szName, szTitle) used with an observer will disable the primary flight controls in the main simulator window. It is necessary to click into the main window with the mouse to get them back. Doing the same thing with a normal camera view doesn't have this issue.

3. simconnect.OpenView(szName, szTitle) does not set the window title. I am currently using the same string for both parameters to get it to work at all.

4. Once created, it is not possible to delete an Observer. You can do it in the simulator GUI, but the SimConnect method seems to be missing.

I will be happy to provide further details if required.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Issues with view methods

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for pointing these out. We have #3 fixed based on changes we made from your previous post. We'll look into getting the other two issues fixed as well.

Thanks again,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
obinder

Re: Issues with view methods

Post by obinder »

Hello Rob,

thank you for looking into this. I can never be sure if it really is an API issue or if I am doing something wrong. These seem to be pretty conclusive though. #2 is unfortunate, and I was unable to find any solution. Even programmatically activating the P3D window and "virtually" clicking into it does not help (the technique usually works, but not in this case). I will keep trying though, because an observer would be the ideal solution for the requirement.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI