SimConnect WeaponFired Event is not working with Missile Simobject Sample in Prepar3d v4.

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
zamirk

SimConnect WeaponFired Event is not working with Missile Simobject Sample in Prepar3d v4.

Post by zamirk »

hi everyone,

i am recently moved from prepar3d v3 to prepar3d v4 and facing many problems, one of them is that i configure Missile Simobject sample instead of built in missile so its successfully configured.

But problem is that when i fired that missile Simobject than i did not received WEAPON_FIRED_EVENT (which is Subscribed to WeaponFired event) in Simconnect for prepar3d v4, but this scenario of firing missile simobject and receive WEAPON_FIRED_EVENT is successfully running in prepar3d v3.

i do not understand what's happening and what should i do?

Any one from LM?

Thanks..!
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: SimConnect WeaponFired Event is not working with Missile Simobject Sample in Prepar3d v4.

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

What version of Prepar3D and the SDK are you using? Do you see any issues with the Missile PDK sample in the v4 SDK?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
zamirk

Re: SimConnect WeaponFired Event is not working with Missile Simobject Sample in Prepar3d v4.

Post by zamirk »

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response,i am using 4.2.21.24048 version of prepar3d and its sdk also, and version of SimConnect is 4.2.0.0.

No i have no issue with Missile PDK sample but when i am using this Missile PDK sample and fire/launch that Missile its fired and working fine but i did not received WEAPON_FIRED_EVENT (WeaponFired) in SimConnect.

When i use prepar3d built in missile's then WEAPON_FIRED_EVENT (WeaponFired) in SimConnect working fine, so i do understand why this WeaponFired Event is not working with Missile PDK sample?

Regards,
Zamirk
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Zamirk,

It looks like there is a case where this event will not fire as expected. We'll work on a fix for this in our next update.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
zamirk

Post by zamirk »

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your response, when next update will come?

Regards,
Zamirk