Small number of users - GENERAL ENG COMBUSTION stays false

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
Slopey

Small number of users - GENERAL ENG COMBUSTION stays false

Post by Slopey »

Hi there,

I'm working with a small number of users with my AirHauler 2 application, which polls SimConnect to see if the user's aircraft engines are running or not via the GENERAL ENG COMBUSTION variable.

For those users, the GENERAL ENG COMBUSTION variable never goes to True, even when the engines are running, or after take-off - it stays at false regardless. What's odd is that I get other data from SimConnect - position data is fine, and I can push mission text/UI menus over without any issue. I'm at a loss to figure out why it's only a small number of users which are affected.

I'm using SimConnect 10.0.61259.0 (as it supports FSX/FSX:SE also).

On a clean install of P3D 3.4 Hotfix 3, and installing the RTM/FSX-SP2/XPACK Simconnects, I have no issues - the engine combustion flag is set as expected, but for a handful of users, it never changes. This happens even with stock aircraft, so it doesn't appear to be something to do with complex aircraft add-ons (like the Q400 for example).

I've had them try re-installing simconnect, uninstalling all the simConnects except 61259 etc, disable add-ons, firewalls etc, but to no avail.

This has only started happening since Hotfix 3 - has anything changed regarding that variable within P3D itself? Anyone have any ideas?

Kind Regards,
Slopey
Slopey

Re: Small number of users - GENERAL ENG COMBUSTION stays false

Post by Slopey »

A little more information - it only affects Italian users. Everyone reporting this issue so far (about 5 users) is Italian, and has their Windows set to Italian language. It's very very odd....