Error EXCEPTION=3 (unrecognized id)

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
aeronauta

Error EXCEPTION=3 (unrecognized id)

Post by aeronauta »

Trying to run a MP carrier app, as soon as I start I get this message in the green ribbon, searching I found this post from the past http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8795 , I the enabled logging in Simconnect.ini and I am getting this error constantly , without having any other addon running , FSUIPC is not causing it as I also disabled it. Maybe some good soul with a LOT more knowledge than me could help , or maybe LM as this has been like this apparently since 2012... I see it in W10 , P3D V2.5 and V3...

any help very much appreciated as it stops the running of MPCarriers ...to run MP Carrier practise.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
ronh991

Re: Error EXCEPTION=3 (unrecognized id)

Post by ronh991 »

Do you have the code? You may be sending a request or data and it has not been set up.

Or the Recv ID is not recognized. Is this an FSX program? Perhaps you need to load the simconnect version for this program.
Ron
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Ron thankyou for answering , no you can try it yourself , it happens without any other thing running, set up your simconnect log console, start an MP session with any AC and the msg runs on the screen for ever...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

Can you provide more info - what carrier ops? My multi player allows me to setup a host session and wait for players. So not sure what is wrong.
Ron
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Sorry Ron, start again, I can host and receive users in MP OK, no problems, it happens without any other thing running, set up your simconnect log console, start an MP session with any AC and the msg runs on the screen for ever... no carrier ops or anything, just open a simconnectconsole log and you will see the console fill and continue rolling with the message ... , due to this flooding of errors the MPCarriers reports Multi player Carrier SimConnect exception: 3 (unrecognized _id) and AI carriers also see the problem and reports onRecvexception: 3(unrecognized _ID)...both programs work OK in single player..

Jorge

The progs are freware AICarriers.net and MPCarriers. The source for the AIcarriers.net is available also (33Kb)
Jorge Roldan
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

I've downloaded the exe and source. First I see it uses Beatles C# library, so that may be one issue. So make sure you have FSX Acceleration Simconnect. The site does say it worked in P3D v2? (Jan 2015).

Seems it also need Java too.

Does the originator support it?
Ron
russdirks

Post by russdirks »

You might want to have a look at this thread. I think it is a bug in SimConnect, which is triggered whenever there is both an .EXE and .DLL SimConnect client loaded. When the transition to MP is made, the exceptions begin. Doesn't seem like LM is planning to do anything about it unfortunately, mind you it seems to have no functional impact on flight sim operations.
Russel Dirks
FS Force
Win10 64Bit, i5 4670K 3.4GHZ, Radeon RX 580
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

Thanks,

I must check my program out in multi player and see if it does the same.

Quite a nice feature for debugging don't ya think? Contantly throwing an exception and no performance hit./sarcasm off
Ron
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Thankyou Ron, I am happy with your explanation, I also noticed there is no impact to performance at all... Thinking of the interference exe dll I removed FSUIPC , but did not change, I dont have Jave running , but the AICarriers.net does not use it and gives the same error...only complainers are from people without TACPac as there is MP Carriers in TP, but expensive!!...
What did you use to unassemble the .net exe ? would not mind a look at it, do you think it would be easy fix??

Jorge...
Jorge Roldan
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Just read the russdirk post, way beyond my knowledge!! but I see the ppoint, the carrier software (Both) works ok in all versions of P3D provided it is NOT in MP.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

Jorge,

You can download the Visual Studio 2013 community edition (free) from Microsoft, But you still need Beatle's (Tim G?) C# library. It's old and no longer available. I have it in a backup somewhere.

Unless you are into coding it would be difficult to fix, and according to Russ, it's an LM issue.
Ron
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Thank you, not very good a language , can do and understand coding... have done some VB before..Yes I understand , lets hope it gets sorted out somehow... thankyou and Russ for the help...

Jorge

PS PlanG uses the BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.dll is that what you mean... I have it.
Jorge Roldan
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

Yes that dll - you would have to add it as a reference library. The AI Carriers program is written in C#, but that is just VB with semi colons ;-)

edit:

I see that there is some code that looks for the registry entry for P3D

Code: Select all

public static int LookupDefaultPortNumber(string strValueName) {
            string[] simulators = {
                                      @"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator",
                                      @"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP",
                                      @"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D",
                                      @"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2",
                                      @"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition"
maybe add a v3 line
Last edited by ronh991 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Nothing lost ...I'll have a look... have you as a backup anyway ;)... are you collecting signatures to promote you as a LM Beta Tester???...let me know.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

Ok Jorge,
I finally got the error you talked about. Now to see if I can debug.

As for Beta testing. I asked and I just could not get the secret handshake right..... lots of practice needed. ;-)
Ron