[RESOLVED] SimConnect Text Menu Appearance

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
12bPilot

[RESOLVED] SimConnect Text Menu Appearance

Post by 12bPilot »

First of all, great job with V3!

I see the ATC window has finally been made transparent, so is the menu in general, which is looking very nice.
Any chance to have the text menu also appear transparent in the same style as the ATC window? I mean the one which is called with SimConnect_Text(...) API call in conjunction with the SIMCONNECT_TEXT_TYPE_MENU flag?

Or is this feasible with the Scaleform SDK?
Jeffrey Stähli
SimObject Display Engine (SODE) Developer
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: SimConnect Text Menu Appearance

Post by Beau Hollis »

We have not ported that window over to Scaleform yet. It won't make it in for 3.1, but is in our plans for a future 3.x release. For the time being, you could create and launch a custom scaleform menu using the various scaleform hooks in SimDirector and the panels/gauges SDK.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
12bPilot

Post by 12bPilot »

Thanks Beau for the heads up.
Jeffrey Stähli
SimObject Display Engine (SODE) Developer
Mathewvpiercy

Post by Mathewvpiercy »

SimConnect Text Menu Appearance is one of the new topic for me. Thank you for sharing this type of information. I want know more about this topic. I hope i will get it through your next reply. If you are providing basic information about this menu through this forum it will help any people more.
Darren Goldfarb

Post by Darren Goldfarb »

Hey All,

The SimConnect Text Menu has been updated to use Scaleform for the next release.

Regards,

Darren