Issue with afterburner effect in P3D 2.3/2.4

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
gsnde

Post by gsnde »

I hope this is the correct section for this post. With release 2.3 of P3D the afterburner effect of Menno van den Boogaard's SR-71 AI was no longer showing completely. After some digging around I suspect that to be in relation with the "Blend Mode" parameter in the "ParticleAttributes" sections (but I might be terrible wrong here).

With all versions < 2.3 the afterburner was showing like this:

With 2.3 and 2.4 it is showing only partly and only from a specific angle:

In case somebody wants to look at the effect I have attached it here.

I guess my question is either what has to be changed to bring the effect back to life with the current version in case the effect file is doing something wrong or otherwise point to a bug in the effect handling.

Thanks Martin

DaveWG

Post by DaveWG »

Looks like the same issue I reported here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingl ... pic&t=8628

although it was fine in 2.3 for me, only 2.4 was affected.
gsnde

Post by gsnde »

Yes, that sounds comparable, Dave.
gsnde

Post by gsnde »

On second thought.... it may be related, but there is at least another component here.

1. The afterburner effect started to act strange with 2.3 already

2. The shock diamonds are much smaller, so like Dave says this is probably related to the changed particle size

3. But the nacelle is completely dark inside. I think this must be due to another cause. Otherwise you would see at least a smaller area with the heat effect.

gsnde

Post by gsnde »

I tested this further. Dave is right. All afterburner effects are effected and appear smaller than before. Sometimes more, sometimes less obvious. The SR-71 is special only in this regards that the inside is completely dark.

Has anybody any idea what needs to be changed in order to bring the effects back to normal size?